Tablet advice - what to buy?

Ngoc Nguyen

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
I want to buy a tablet and need advice
1. I do a lot of writing and need a computer primarily for writing + email etc.
2. I need as long of a battery life as i can get. I'm often in remote, far-away places with limited if any power. If i always need to chase power outlets, it's a complete waste of money for me.
3. I need it to be light. I travel constantly, it needs to come with me and not weight me down.
4. And I found these product: best]http://www.ankaka.com/Wholesale-android-tablets_c10124]best android tablet[/url] . Which can I choose?
Thanks for the help and advice!

Solution
Cheaper tablets can also tend to have shorter battery life because it seems based on my search for inexpensive tablets ($110 or less) for other people, the battery capacity is sacrificed for the lower price. That's based on user comments from sites like Amazon.

If battery life is a concern, then you may want to consider a portable USB battery pack which can be used to recharge the battery away from an outlet. Of course it adds weight to your bag or pocket and it also increases the overall price of the tablet. It does not need to be purchased immediately of course. You can test out how long the battery lasts for whatever tablet you eventually buy to determine if you need such a battery.

Below are some examples from Amazon...

anirudhsingh1998

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
What's ur budget? It's a major factor here. And also i would like to suggest u a thing. If u have good budget and could afford those expensive tablets, then thats Awesome. But if u r low on budget, then don't hesitate to go for the cheaper versions (usually Chinese). They have pretty much same specs as their expensive competitors (sometimes even better).The only advantage u get with a company is that they offer good customer service but not so with cheaper ones.

Another thing, Tablets nowadays have a very low battery life. And the kinda description u gave, it seems that no tablet would fit ur requirements. I suggest u to buy a laptop instead. Or, buy a portable charging machine. They are pretty cheap , fit in a pocket, and are very helpful
:)

Cheaper tablets can also tend to have shorter battery life because it seems based on my search for inexpensive tablets ($110 or less) for other people, the battery capacity is sacrificed for the lower price. That's based on user comments from sites like Amazon.

If battery life is a concern, then you may want to consider a portable USB battery pack which can be used to recharge the battery away from an outlet. Of course it adds weight to your bag or pocket and it also increases the overall price of the tablet. It does not need to be purchased immediately of course. You can test out how long the battery lasts for whatever tablet you eventually buy to determine if you need such a battery.

Below are some examples from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=usb%20battery&sprefix=usb+batter%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ausb%20battery

There are even ones that are solar rechargeable as well as via a USB cable. Obviously solar charging will take longer.

http://www.amazon.com/Poweradd-trade-Apollo-Blackberry-Paperwhite/dp/B00DLUYSPO/ref=pd_sim_cps_4

Solution