Tablet keeps turning off

Status
Not open for further replies.

zentraleinheit

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I Have an Android 4.1.1 Sensis N78 RK30-anpei7008Trsy-user-r4.1.1.4.083 tablet with kernel version 3.0.8+ and build number RK30-anpei7008Trsy-user-r4.0.83.20130106 that I got almost a year ago. Till the weather got colder the tablet worked fine, however, as of the last 2 months it has acted strange.

First, even when fully charged, the tablet (with Wi-Fi on) will work for only 5 minutes or so before shutting down with-out warning. Then after I restart it I notice that the battery level dropped from 20 to 70 percent. Then the tablet will would work for a couple of more minutes before shutting down again (or after touching the screen). After powering it up for one more try I either get a “Connect your charger” message before it shuts down again. Or it won’t even get to the unlock screen before shutting down.

If I at this point I try to recharge I can get various results.

1) The battery level is shown at 1% or as high as 70%.

2) If I wait a day or so then try to recharge the battery level is show as 80% to 90%.

In either case, after being recharged, the same scenario that I listed above repeats.

The only other warning I get is that the screen seems to slowly flicker.

BTW: I have the sleep mode set at 30 minutes

The only solution, to get a decent run time (19 to 30 minutes) is that the tablet is kept in a warm place for an hour or so.

So, what is going on? Is this a temporary problem that will be “fixed” when the weather gets warmer?

Or has the battery (or any other component) been damaged by the cold?

UPDATE:

Things seems to have gotten worse. Now the tablet turns off (with a reported 68% battery charge) after 2 minutes or until I touch the screen to use it Plus the % of battey life keeps changing. For example, Last night I pluged in the tablet to be charged at a reported 20% battery life. After leaving the room for 5 minutes I came back to a turned off tablet. When I restarted it the charge level was reported at 69%.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Soumil

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
Is that the stock rom?
Android has a tendency to show incorrect battery levels when battery isn't calibrated.
Your battery stats file is probably corrupted..
Go to playstore and download a battery calibration app.
And follow the instructions, that will generate a new stats file. :)

zentraleinheit

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I have a battey app called Battery from smallte.com, but, it can't do any calibration because the tablet keeps shutting down before the tests are finished.

Soumil

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
You don't have to use that. Download a battery calibration app. That is the name of the app.
Charge your tablet to 100% and use it. Now let the battery drain to 0% and again charge it back to 100%

zentraleinheit

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
The point is now moot. The Tablet won't turn on. It's stuck at the manufacture's welcome screen. I keep trying to do a hard reset, but, nothing works. It seems that it will soon heading back to China to be recycled :)

zentraleinheit

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Just to let you know, I did replaced the battery (for $20.28) and the tablet worked fine for a week. Then it would no longer boot into Android lock screen, Just in to the manufactures icon splash screen. I tried a hard reset, but, all I got was the dead Android with a red "!". I am thinking of flashing the firmware, but, I am running into problems getting my computer to run the necessary drivers/applications see my post in the Windows 98 forum under the title "Tablet Driver Giving Me a Yellow !" for details.

Bishaz

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
try cleaning the battery and the battery ports.....this might help.....the battery might drain if the dirt makes a short circuit plus it turns the phone off by itself......this might help, just give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Android Tablets 0
pointlesszebra Android Tablets 0
Kavina Android Tablets 5
ReallyTastyApples Android Tablets 0
TaroBeni Android Tablets 4
Tech125 Android Tablets 8
M Android Tablets 2
K Android Tablets 3
I Android Tablets 2