Tablet keeps turning off

Status
Not open for further replies.

zentraleinheit

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I Have an Android 4.1.1 Sensis N78 RK30-anpei7008Trsy-user-r4.1.1.4.083 tablet with kernel version 3.0.8+ and build number RK30-anpei7008Trsy-user-r4.0.83.20130106 that I got almost a year ago. Till the weather got colder the tablet worked fine, however, as of the last 2 months it has acted strange.

First, even when fully charged, the tablet (with Wi-Fi on) will work for only 5 minutes or so before shutting down with-out warning. Then after I restart it I notice that the battery level dropped from 20 to 70 percent. Then the tablet will would work for a couple of more minutes before shutting down again (or after touching the screen). After powering it up for one more try I either get a “Connect your charger” message before it shuts down again. Or it won’t even get to the unlock screen before shutting down.

If I at this point I try to recharge I can get various results.

1) The battery level is shown at 1% or as high as 70%.

2) If I wait a day or so then try to recharge the battery level is show as 80% to 90%.

In either case, after being recharged, the same scenario that I listed above repeats.

The only other warning I get is that the screen seems to slowly flicker.

BTW: I have the sleep mode set at 30 minutes

The only solution, to get a decent run time (19 to 30 minutes) is that the tablet is kept in a warm place for an hour or so.

So, what is going on? Is this a temporary problem that will be “fixed” when the weather gets warmer?

Or has the battery (or any other component) been damaged by the cold?

UPDATE:

Things seems to have gotten worse. Now the tablet turns off (with a reported 68% battery charge) after 2 minutes or until I touch the screen to use it Plus the % of battey life keeps changing. For example, Last night I pluged in the tablet to be charged at a reported 20% battery life. After leaving the room for 5 minutes I came back to a turned off tablet. When I restarted it the charge level was reported at 69%.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Soumil

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
Is that the stock rom?
Android has a tendency to show incorrect battery levels when battery isn't calibrated.
Your battery stats file is probably corrupted..
Go to playstore and download a battery calibration app.
And follow the instructions, that will generate a new stats file. :)

Soumil

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
You don't have to use that. Download a battery calibration app. That is the name of the app.
Charge your tablet to 100% and use it. Now let the battery drain to 0% and again charge it back to 100%

zentraleinheit

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
The point is now moot. The Tablet won't turn on. It's stuck at the manufacture's welcome screen. I keep trying to do a hard reset, but, nothing works. It seems that it will soon heading back to China to be recycled :)

zentraleinheit

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Just to let you know, I did replaced the battery (for $20.28) and the tablet worked fine for a week. Then it would no longer boot into Android lock screen, Just in to the manufactures icon splash screen. I tried a hard reset, but, all I got was the dead Android with a red "!". I am thinking of flashing the firmware, but, I am running into problems getting my computer to run the necessary drivers/applications see my post in the Windows 98 forum under the title "Tablet Driver Giving Me a Yellow !" for details.

Bishaz

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
try cleaning the battery and the battery ports.....this might help.....the battery might drain if the dirt makes a short circuit plus it turns the phone off by itself......this might help, just give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.