Tablet suggestion

ultimatess

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Hi , I m planning to buy a cheap talet around 150$ . Currently I have my eyes on the Uzone F6 UPad F6 Improved Edition Android 4.0 (seen at http://www.tabletpcsmall.com/uzone-f6-upad-f6-improved-edition-android-40-tablet-pc-7-inch-capacitive-touch-screen-arm-cortex-a8-12ghz-facetime-bluetooth-3g-3d-game-8gb-p-1475.html)

I would appreciate any reviews on this tablet since they seem hard to come by and I would also like suggestions on any other tablet at this range. I'm looking for something with front cam , 1Ghz ,1GB ram , 4+ GB internal space with sd card expansion , wifi , decent resolution ...

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Well, if seriously sucky names is the criteria for a win than I would vote for:

Uzone F6 UPad F6 Improved Edition Android 4.0

However, I would avoid it like the plague. The vendor says 1024x600 screen resolution but then goes on to state that it supports 1080p video playback. Then they mention Facetime capability, when Facetime is an Apple thing only. Then there is the absolutely stunningly crappy single core CPU and unspecficied battery life.

I would run away from this like it was a hooker with herpes outbreak.

I think the best option for that price range would be the Kindle Fire, to be honest. Or possibly this Archos:

http://store.archos.com/archos-android-tablet-p-5028.html

ryan5609

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
I totally agree with po1nted. If would not go with a cheap, no name brand tablet. As with many other things, you get what you pay for, most of the time at least. Just make sure to get a tablet from a vendor with a good return policy & good customer service. I doubt Uzone is know for their excellent warranties.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
I say go with the Archos 70b. I got the older archos 70 for my mom a few years ago and it's been a great device

http://www.amazon.com/Archos-70b-Internet-7-Inch-Tablet/dp/B0070Q5SOA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1336753907&sr=1-1

It has a single core CPU with 512MB of RAM so it's not gonna be as fast as the more expensive tablets, or even older tablets with tegra 2, but those are of course more expensive ^_^. It's only got 8gb storage and a single front camera. It does have a kickstand, an update to Ice cream sandwich, HDMI output, blutooth, a microSD card for more memory, and a custom video player which certainly expand it's usefulness.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
By the way, rumor is that the Google nexus tablet will come out latter this year at a similar price point so that could shake things up in the low end. If you want something now then the 70b is really your best option for under $200.

ultimatess

Honorable
May 11, 2012
I was completely wrong about this tablet. Thank u guys for quick review and suggestions . Problem with Kindle fire is it doesnt have a cam :(. Archos 70b looks good deal for me . How about Acer ICONIA TAB A Series VanGogh 7" .Looks like it has decent spec and comes around 180$ (Factory Refurbished) ,any ideas ?

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007

"Refurb" in reality means already broke once.

That is a bit risky to bet on, sometimes a refurbished item works just fine for a while, sometimes it just breaks again within a few days. Get something new, unless you are happy with the cost savings and are willing to take a chance over saving money.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
meh, the acer tablets are ok but they do have a more customized version of the OS than other vendors. I know that reviewers consistently complained about slower video playback on that tablet and other issues but I don't know if that's still true with newer firmware versions. The acer certainly has better specs than the archos, but it's up to you.