Take-Two Confirms Grand Theft Auto V Spring 2013 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I wonder what they will add this time to make it worth buying when you have played the others... Not one to pre-order methinks.

timaeus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Yeah, they need the extra time for the PC version to add all the extra layers of DRM to slow the game down to unplayable levels.

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
I guess when the PC version comes out, then you will have to mode and break the DRM to make it playable.

GTA4 was hardly playable on the PC without fixes and mods

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]I wouldn't mind waiting as long as It's quality.and I would really like to fly planes in GTA again...[/citation]

no, gta is a mess... and im saying this seriously, any one of the saints row games beats out gta 3-4 so badly that it isnt even funny anymore.

gta has some of the worst game controls and feel in them, and the absolute worst difficulty ramping i EVER played this generation.

dark souls, demon souls, hard for the begining and advertised that way.
most games, advertised as hard, or the dificulty slowly ramps.
gta?
simple mission, my god this mission is easier, when is this going to get harder... 6 missions later
hardest mission in the whole damn game, rest of the game is easy compared to that. there is no sense of difficulty ramping in these games, and its its biggest flaw, next to driving mechanics and shooting, o i also forgot running. all 3 of those are almost game breakingly bad, but the difficulty ramp... thats where it crosses the line.

than you add that impossible mission with how bad everything else is, and there you go, frustration central.

i get about 1/3 through these games, in san andreus i got 3/4 through it before i just gave up not careing any more, because the games just arent fun.

look at any saints row... sure saints 1 feels a bit dated when i pay it now, but i at least finished those games and have little that i can complain about. they got gameplay down tight in those, hell, most publications said that if it wasnt for the bugs, 3 would have been their game of the year.

MAC_HATER

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
awesome that the release date is confirmed - not so awesome that there is no mention of PC release - if they delay the release for PC deliberately again im going to be incredibly annoyed - so many times now they have released a game and deliberatly held back the PC release so i can just sit there twiddling my thumbs while everyone else runs around going on about how amazing it is - im not buying an entire console for a single game - it just doesnt make sense to - trouble is by the time i get it on PC and go "wow its amazing" everyone else will just go "meh its old now" - really rockstar - this deliberate delay nonsense is making me real tired of yer shit D:

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]lostmyclan[/nom]gta4 is playable with atlhon x2 and 4770 ? what kind of machine you guys have ? celeron single core ? my 4870 rocks on gta 4[/citation]

gta4 works like shit on most hardware.... at least not as well some newer and "shinier" games

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]no, gta is a mess... and im saying this seriously, any one of the saints row games beats out gta 3-4 so badly that it isnt even funny anymore. gta has some of the worst game controls and feel in them, and the absolute worst difficulty ramping i EVER played this generation. dark souls, demon souls, hard for the begining and advertised that way. most games, advertised as hard, or the dificulty slowly ramps. gta?simple mission, my god this mission is easier, when is this going to get harder... 6 missions later hardest mission in the whole damn game, rest of the game is easy compared to that. there is no sense of difficulty ramping in these games, and its its biggest flaw, next to driving mechanics and shooting, o i also forgot running. all 3 of those are almost game breakingly bad, but the difficulty ramp... thats where it crosses the line. than you add that impossible mission with how bad everything else is, and there you go, frustration central. i get about 1/3 through these games, in san andreus i got 3/4 through it before i just gave up not careing any more, because the games just arent fun.look at any saints row... sure saints 1 feels a bit dated when i pay it now, but i at least finished those games and have little that i can complain about. they got gameplay down tight in those, hell, most publications said that if it wasnt for the bugs, 3 would have been their game of the year.[/citation]
I think you're on crack.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]madjimms[/nom]I think you're on crack.[/citation]

gta 3, i will give it to them, first of its kind that got popular, i know open world were around before gta, but i cant think of one where you could do as much or was as well known.

that said, tell me im wrong on any gta problems that hold it back from being grate, tell me im wrong on one of them. ill give the games story, thats what made me get that far in those games, but at a certain point, a mission i have to re play 30 or 40 times because of poor controls and design out weighs me wanting to see it to the end.

monkeymonk

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I really don't care about grand theft auto. I've never understood this series... find car, steal car, drive car off cliff after getting five star rating, and repeat..

Status
Not open for further replies.