Tascam us 16x08 headphone Monitor not outputting all inputs

whattheHONK

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014
Hello! i got a tascam audio interface recently and i noticed that the headphone monitior output doesnt output all of the mics/ intruments i plug in. for example, if i plug in 2 mics using an xlr cable and a guitar, i can hear the guitar, or sometimes ill have two mics plugged in, and can only hear the one mic. The inputs im allowed to hear seem to be random as well. sometimes i can hear both mics, or 3 out of 4 mics and i have no idea why.

Solution
Hello... I would recommend using the software/driver for your I/O and volumes... do you have a spare portable/laptop for this purpose? this could solve your problem very Fast B )

whattheHONK

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014

No software, just the interface plugged into a power outlet. also idk why i clicked best answer by accident lol

whattheHONK

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014

Hello! is this how its interface is meant to be used? im kind of new to this. is it supposed to work perfectly on its own without a laptop or computer? or is a computer "reccomended".

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... Well if it says it can?... OK... look at the manual/PDF of this device and Look under "software less operation" "manual settings" etc? see if you can get me some details/pictures questions from there? B /
These people here in Studio/hardware are using a lot of these units... a great friendly forum... see if your learn anything from them? B /