Teaser Page Hints at U.S. Samsung Galaxy S2 Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Lol, about time. Funny how US is always first to get new gadgets, except this time... I thought it's already there.

Anyway, people, now it's your chance to get the best Android on the market. Wonder how much it'll be in the US - it's aboot $800 here =)

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]jibbs[/nom]Thanks for the link...[/citation]
I smell sarcasm....but it is there. Try clicking the SOURCE ant the beginning of the document.

G

Click on "Samsung" written next to source at the top of the page. That's where you can register =]

G

Its about 650-700 $ here india I m a sgs 2 users since irs wa launched I tell you guys its just souter fast its has more juice then you can handle...

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Lol, about time. Funny how US is always first to get new gadgets, except this time... I thought it's already there.Anyway, people, now it's your chance to get the best Android on the market. Wonder how much it'll be in the US - it's aboot $800 here =)[/citation]

Actually in this kind of stuff we are always last since, well regulations are harder here than anywhere else. Just like with cars. Our regulations make it harder to get devices approved.

But its a nice phone. My boss got one erly by ordering it from Europe.

Only wish I could afford one. Its just very nice.

G

Its Super AMOLED+ screen which uses RGB instead of Pentile Matrix...

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]AMDPhenomX4[/nom]Its Super AMOLED+ screen which uses RGB instead of Pentile Matrix...[/citation]

Indeed and the detail/vivid color is amazing for its size. Pentile displays is just cheap, its a reason Samsung themselves (who have the pentile tm'd) choose not to use it in their flagship phone!

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
The Galaxy S2 is here already. I've seen it and held it in my hands. Obviously it's not the official AT&T version. But people in the U.S. are already using it. All I can say is that it's really fast in terms of processing power. No flickering or jerkyness at all when browsing a huge website with flash. It is just amazing.
However, for those who already have the Galaxy S or equivalent, it might not be much of an incentive to upgrade. Because functionality wise, it's only a minor step up.

finebody

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
I own a Samsung GS2 for months now, and I can tell you, it's the best android phone ever! I had two other android phones before: Motorola Milestone 1 (Droid in the U.S.) and Galaxy S... and both of them are like trash compared to this new SUPER phone! It's just amazing... Here in Brazil, it was released in june for about USD 1000+ unlocked... however, I got mine for around USD 450 in a mobile data plan with 1GB limited per/month and HSDPA+ speed up to 3mb/s (which is pretty fast here) for USD 70 per month in a 12 months contract. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.