Tech Support: Top 10 Anti-Virus Topics

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

There is one kind of intrusion that isn't covered, which is odd e-mail activity. Sometimes I get an odd "failed to send email" email from the mail server but I never sent such an email to the email listed. Is this proof of my account and password being compromised or is it just spoofers and my mail server being holey?

G

some virus triggers outbound emails, computers infected can become spam zombies. Your computer might be one.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]pakupakupaku[/nom]some virus triggers outbound emails, computers infected can become spam zombies. Your computer might be one. [/citation]
Hmmm, but what if that happened with a webmail account, when a desktop email client hadn't been configured?

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Then it could be either spoofing or hijacking, is the email in question in your sent mail folder? usually a hijacker changes the password, but you should change it just to be safe either way.

G

Some intrusions take things totally out of hand and ends up in a system crash.
What to do at such times.
Tech Blog

G

No all viruses dont do that and I am from the microsoft company. Worms usually do that sort of things. Im from the antispyware department. We were just shocked to see how easily we can send viruses through email or by just knowing the zip code or the postal code of the particular area.

Status
Not open for further replies.