Teen Kills Self After Friend Streams Sexual Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Yeah, it really is. Some people just don't think their actions through, and some don't even care about the consequences.

Sad, sad that this Ravi was too selfish to think things through, sad that he was too insensitive to see both that his roomate could be really hurt by his actions and that he couldn't see that this was something his roomate might do.

Whoever raised this boy should be ashamed.

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
Tom's bringing me down tonight... Two lives ruined, Ravi should have thought of the consequences and Tyler should have known better than to cross Ravi; taking over the dorm, and having sex all over the place.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
[citation][nom]rd350[/nom]joke gone 2 far.......[/citation]

That's not a joke, that's a damn crime as stated in the article, invasion of privacy. I hope his roommate is held liable and faces the maximum charges against him, not like it would scare kids in this country anymore these days. Nobody seems to fear pound me in the @$$ prison these days, especially when they offer you free cable tv courtesy of the tax payer.

G

@rd350
His college roommate spied on him and bullied him to the point of suicide. Calling that a joke trivializes the situation. Put yourself in Tyler's shoes. His roommate hid cameras inside his room and secretly recorded him. That's messed up. For the purpose of outing him to all of his peers. That's really messed up. Gays are a persecuted minority. Those tweets put Tyler's life, safety, happiness in danger.
@wribbs
Why don't you step down from your abstinence/virgin pedestal and live in the real world?? Tyler should have known better than to have sex during college!? Get real. EVERYONE has sex during college. It's only reasonable that he has sex in his own room. Stop tolerating Ravi's homophobia and be reasonable.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]I feel like I already read this a few days ago.[/citation]
You did. Toms is famous for that. Keep up.

Really, I don't know why Toms even posted this. Thought this website was more technology geared and not for media whoring. Not the kind of article I wanted to see on this site but I felt compelled to at least say something about it. It should be common knowledge that anyone can remote into another computer and view that webcam. Grade schools have been busted for doing this.

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
@PattheRat
I'm a college senior living in a dorm and having been in some tighter living spaces and dealing with a couple less than pleasant dormmates I know how to be considerate when having sex. I don't know how things went down but you can't just expect your dormmate to gtfo while you get freaky. What Ravi did was ill conceived passive aggressive behavior and Tyler despite good advice freaked out and ended his own life. Tragic to be sure but we don't live in a world of black and white, right or wrong, try to see that there is gray area and that empathy can help to make sense of stupid choices.

fkr

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
i wonder if they will make a movie about streaming sex videos. oh wait they have. somebody should sue those movie producers.
/sarcasm

wish i could catch my cheating wife and stream that.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Jeez, CNN did a horrible job explaining this, I thought the kid who did suicide filmed it, so I wondered why the guy putting it on the web was getting arrested, but someone else secretly filmed it?

He deserves to be arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.