Teenager Gets 15 Years for Facebook Sex Scam

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dyrcosis

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
If my math is correct, Anthony Stancl was a minor, legally a boy himself, when he blackmailed those other boys for sex. Let's see, it's 2010 and Stancl is now 19. The incidents happened in 2007 thru 2008 which would place him between the ages of 16 to 17 years old when he did this. Which means he was at most two years older than the 15 year old he had pics of that the author mentioned (in my opinion purely for the sake of sensationalism).

This does NOT make him a pedophile. A blackmailer? Yes. A rapist? Maybe. He does not deserve to be castrated, shot in the head, or any other bits of ridiculous stupidity I've seen demonstrated here.

If he committed the crimes as a minor, he should have been tried as such.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
After reading the article again, I realize that he was a minor when he did this and the kids where around his age, so maybe I dont feel as strongly about "the bullet answer" as I first did. Although, I would put any money on it that this individual will repeat this sort of behavior again.

I also guess that 7 out of the 30 boys that he tried to blackmail had homosexual tendencies or really small weiners.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]False_Dmitry_II[/nom]Then there's the fact that when it's a male student with a female teacher he generally just gets high-fives from everybody and nobody cares.[/citation]

"you mean to tell me that your little brother is having sex with this teacher, and she's that really hot blonde kindergarten teacher?................NICE!"

sillyboy86

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]BdK[/nom]"things won't change until we education these morons."After we're done "educationing" the morons, we'll move on to remedial "instructioning" the ungrammatical.[/citation]

Thank you for correcting my typo. Excuse me - I did mean to say EDUCATE. You completely missed the point of my post.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
This type of blackmail would *never* get me to perform gay sexual acts with another man. I don't understand how these boys could have given in to such a thing just because of some pictures. There has to be more to it than just blackmailing them with photos. Like someone else said, why wouldn't they just go and beat the crap out of the other kid? Or at least turn him in to the cops...

G

I live in New Berlin and my oldest son will be going to that school next year. People like this scare the heck out of me. Society will be safe from him for the next 15 years while he is in prison. Hopefully the next step will be an involuntary commitment to a secure facility under the Wisconsin law for sexually violent offenders. Would you want this guy in the area around your kids?

G

I think 15 years is too long... especially when he was just a kid (16 years old) when he started doing it. I bet you that some stupid kid told their Dad who happens to be in law enforcement and the Dad said... "If you really want to punish this boy, just let him continue to do it and we'll get him once he turns 19"

What ever happened to trying to help those that are sick instead of punishing them. Why do we have to lower ourselves to their standard?

vgdarkstar

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
[citation][nom]ixfearlessxi[/nom]Don't send him to jail he is 19 years old he sure as hell knew what he was doing and what the consequences are. He is never going to charge as soon as he is out he will be raping god who knows until he gets caught... again.[/citation]

Oh snap.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]chomlee[/nom]"you mean to tell me that your little brother is having sex with this teacher, and she's that really hot blonde kindergarten teacher?................NICE!"[/citation]

That's extreme and you know it. I did say "generally". Esp, since the article is about high school ...

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I'm not surprised by these crimes anymore. I'm not Republican by any means but when bleeding heart liberals changed our culture by stripping authority and discipline ability from parents, teachers, law enforcement, etc. and assuming that kids (and people in general) in America were inherently "good" they indirectly allowed this happen. Kids are smart, and they now know adults and authority figures can't do anything to them without the media and liberal community coming to their aid and ruining the disciplinarian financially or worse. This kid showed no remorse, and yet some lawyer will figure out a way to blame the same people that are now powerless to prevent it, get rich, and teach the kid that his bad behavior can be blamed on someone else and to do it again. Oh...and the victims will now become filthy rich by hiring lawyers themselves and blaming everyone else who has money...not the teen himself!

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]sillyboy86[/nom]People who say ridiculous and ignorant comments like this deserve to be locked up themselves. What this teenager did was absolutely wrong and disgusting - there is no denying that, but you have NO right to resort to such despicable and childish name-calling. Idiots like the one I quoted above are the reason why the world is full of hate and intolerance. Unfortunately, things won't change until we education these morons.[/citation]
*Sigh* Too true, too true. Sadly were struggling just to get the basics of education done right. Actual education on human sexuality is pitiful at best or not taught at all. Instead we hear others calling the unpopular guys "fags" and occasionally the victims end up killing themselves as they think that no one cares about them. Such a sad state of misinformation and misdirected hatred our nation is in.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]True Justice[/nom]What ever happened to trying to help those that are sick instead of punishing them. Why do we have to lower ourselves to their standard?[/citation]

I hate it too. People are too reactionary. All this "KILL IT" "SHOOT THEM IN THE HEAD" stuff is nuts (don't get me started on that moron Glenn Beck). Whatever happened to logical people who actually help each other?

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]DearSX[/nom]What he did was bad, but 15 years is a bit harsh imo. People could simply have said no. Tricking a young kid is bad, yet society is as much responsible as anybody. The guys needs help not punishment. So do his victims and just about every young kid in the world.[/citation]
No punishment equals no law and order. I'm sorry to break your naive worldview but evil exists and sometimes the best solution is a bullet or a blade.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]ordcestus[/nom]No punishment equals no law and order. I'm sorry to break your naive worldview but evil exists and sometimes the best solution is a bullet or a blade.[/citation]
Just cause someone does something bad doesn't mean that we need to take out a gun and kill them.

Yes, the kid is messed up and deserves some kind of punishment (5, 10 years, and community service or whatever), but what he needs most is to see a psychologist so that he can become un-messed up and get rid of his issues for good instead of leaving it as is.

You're worldview is far more naive and simplistic than the other person you accused. People are not inherently or permanently “good” or “evil”. People can be molded and changed in either direction. Someone who was “good” can become “evil” and someone who was “evil” can become “good.”

It’s also not absolute (which is why “good” and “evil” are in quotes). You can be “good” in one aspect of life and be “evil” in another. For example, being a great parent to your own kids and in every other aspect of your life while at the same time working at an insurance company where your purpose is to make as much money as possible even if it entails denying coverage to those in need of it or not giving the full coverage that a customer deserves.

Basic psychology 101 people!

mario_tejada

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Well if that would have happened to me.. i would have gone 2 school the next day and would have made fun of him for postinq as a girl and for beinq a my wise and beautiful friend...lmaf

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]ravewulf[/nom]Just cause someone does something bad doesn't mean that we need to take out a gun and kill them.Yes, the kid is messed up and deserves some kind of punishment (5, 10 years, and community service or whatever), but what he needs most is to see a psychologist so that he can become un-messed up and get rid of his issues for good instead of leaving it as is.You're worldview is far more naive and simplistic than the other person you accused. People are not inherently or permanently “good” or “evil”. People can be molded and changed in either direction. Someone who was “good” can become “evil” and someone who was “evil” can become “good.”It’s also not absolute (which is why “good” and “evil” are in quotes). You can be “good” in one aspect of life and be “evil” in another. For example, being a great parent to your own kids and in every other aspect of your life while at the same time working at an insurance company where your purpose is to make as much money as possible even if it entails denying coverage to those in need of it or not giving the full coverage that a customer deserves.Basic psychology 101 people![/citation]

I wasn't saying without exception or anything like that. My point is that there are "some"( and i made that clear) that are irredeemable and the best solution is capital punishment as deterrent and an expression of the seriousness of the crime.

I don't suggest, as you made it out to be, that we simply kill whoever does something wrong. The punishment must fit the crime.

And the health insurance crack, lets leave that debate off of Toms

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS