Teenager Goes to Jail for Overdue DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

How the hell is a DVD you can pick up for $1 on ebay/etc valued at $31.45?

mildiner86

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
My mate had his lap top stolen after a bunch of chavs attacked him forcing him to drop his bags, and it took us 5 hours to be seen by the poilice.

but they have time to arrest some kid over an over due DVD, which could have been easily sorted by the library its self.

Stupid world

Herr_Koos

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]andboomer[/nom]How the hell is a DVD you can pick up for $1 on ebay/etc valued at $31.45?[/citation]

Pirate copy?

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
Well, I do suppose that after multiple phone calls, summons, and skipping court, you do sort of ask for whatever you get. Poor kid probably didn't even know what they were.

kencolestud69

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I do not want to offend anyone here, so I will say it this way. Do you remember the word they described Chris's girlfriend on the episode about the daughter of the Alaskan governor on Family Guy? Retar***... That's what the prosecutors were, thanks for wasting our tax money on a $31 DVD... They should have used the cost of prosecuting this person for education in that city.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
How come there is no way to waive impound fee? I went to "court" to fight the ticket and won but the fee cannot be waived. Is the lot run by private industry?

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
$460 & he still didn't even get to keep the DVD, what a sensible world we live in!!!!

At least next time I need to call the police and they tell me they have no officers available I will know they are doing something really worth while, and to think people are paying taxes to keep these idiots in a job

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]kencolestud69[/nom]I do not want to offend anyone here, so I will say it this way. Do you remember the word they described Chris's girlfriend on the episode about the daughter of the Alaskan governor on Family Guy? Retar***...[/citation]
That's a good one.

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
I suppose the question is whether or not you believe his somewhat unbelievable story or, if like me, you think the kid simply stole the DVD and had no intention of returning it. If my suspicion is correct then yeah, throw the book at him.

shrex

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
[citation][nom]Herr_Koos[/nom]Pirate copy?[/citation]

there arent any pirated copies or there shouldnt be on ebay because they'll get removed or you'll get banned, they cost $1 because there second hand and many years old. Plus a new one will only cost $4 now. why go to alll the trouble to get it back.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
"The city attorney told me, they weren’t concerned about due process. What they were concerned about was their DVD."

This does not surprise me. In Florida if your license gets suspended for any reason, the state is not required to tell you. So if you get pulled over you go to jail for driving on a suspended you may not even know about. Cases in point:

http://www.wftv.com/news/15689547/detail.html

http://www.wftv.com/news/15971739/detail.html

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
[citation][nom]mildiner86[/nom]My mate had his lap top stolen after a bunch of chavs attacked him forcing him to drop his bags, and it took us 5 hours to be seen by the poilice.but they have time to arrest some kid over an over due DVD, which could have been easily sorted by the library its self.Stupid world[/citation]

do you want to deal with a kid that is just a kid with a dvd, or with a group of violent people with your laptop?

kresso

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
You know it makes sense. That is one really good movie. I wouldn't want a riot happening at the Library from people wanting to check it out and the DVD not being there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.