Terratec ews88 fourum

nick-e-d

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
HI!

I have recentley purchased two Terratec EWS88 cards and break out boxes.

The problem I am having is that neither of the cards came with the EWS-Connect cables to SYNC the cards.

Has anyone got these leads?
Does any body know if i were to buy standard 5-pole and 3-pole connectors that they would work?

and finally If I can get these leads from a computer spares shop and installd them would I BLOW UP the cards? (What is the wiring configuration)

My tech guy seems to reckon that terratec will have reconfigured the connectors so that nobody can coppy their idea, or simply go to a computer shop and just buy these off the shelf, He says if we did do that the we would risk blowing both of them up......... And we don't want that!!

So if anyone is Daisy-chaining these old beauties, Could you please bring me up to speed with this?

Thanks in advance!! nick_e_davis@hotmail.co.uk

mderusha1

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Hey Nick, I was reading your thread from a while ago and I'm in that same boat. Now I'm not sure if you ever got that to work, but if you did could you let me know what it is? I purchased 2 cards w/ breakout boxes too, but need that special cord. I read online somewhere about that cord, but the person was very vague with it and I too dont want to risk blowing these things up. Any tips will be helpful!! I cant find this 5/3 pin cord anywhere, i wanted to make one, but i guess the red wire and black wires are different sizes.

nick-e-d

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Hi!

I have managed to source the cable from terratec them self's - They were very helpful, Unfortunatley I had the last one for free from there back catalouge of old stock. (It seems that they were rare to come by)

But......... It could be your lucky day if you are handy with a soldering iron?? infact you may not even have to solder anything.

I shall find out the configuration for you from my technition.... Now we have the lead to hand, I can easily find out the configuration for you, But you shal have to be patient in me doing so.

If you give me your email adress I shall contact you directly with the configuration once I find out from my technition.

Hope this has relieved your stressful headache on this matter :wahoo:
Hope to hear from you soon.
All the best.
Nick.

mderusha1

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Thank you very much for getting back to me, I was actually able to get a cord together and everything works well so I am thankful for you getting back to me and sorry for wasting your time!!!

heycheck1

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

Did any one finally get this together. I am trying to link together 4 cards. I could REALLY use some help.