Tesla Executives Die in Plane Crash

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Tesla ignored risk mitigation 101: never ever put all your eggs in one dangerous basket. Amateur aviation is relatively safe, but still leagues worse than commercial aviation. Add to that the fact that all three guys decided to pile into the same aircraft, and you have an object lesson in risk management. It's a tragedy, no doubt, but this should serve as a warning to others.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Trolls shouldn't be allowed to post here, trolls SHOULD be in 4chan or other pointless forums. Here at toms hardware trolls shouldn't be allowed, I second that vote to get El_Capitan banned. After all maybe the FBI should investigate him? maybe he caused the crash? He is celebrating a little to much over these deaths. My thoughts go out to the families of the people that died, if you are reading this sorry for your loss.

thearm

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
Of all these years we have been on the internet(I assume), why are you guys even acknowledging El_Captain? Don't enable him!

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
OK, I'll take a crack at the crazy conspiracy.

So let's see... Toyota forced into a recall and nailed with bad publicity in the media... now a plane crash that is devastating to Tesla motors.

If we get a 3rd problem, there is a pattern. ;)

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]El_Capitan[/nom]Thirded, turded! C'mon Jane, ban me so I can stop coming to this site once and for all. Fuuuuuuck.[/citation]

ok you maxican't phuck, cut it out

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]mightymaxio[/nom]Trolls shouldn't be allowed to post here, trolls SHOULD be in 4chan or other pointless forums. Here at toms hardware trolls shouldn't be allowed, I second that vote to get El_Capitan banned. After all maybe the FBI should investigate him? maybe he caused the crash? He is celebrating a little to much over these deaths. My thoughts go out to the families of the people that died, if you are reading this sorry for your loss.[/citation]

The self-righteous ones like you are the more dangerous ones. Now, if Tom's had a policy and he were breaking it, I'd say they'd have a point. For example, maybe the cursing is proscribed. But, once you ban, you open a can of worms. As it turns out, people just keep voting his stuff down so it disappears quickly anyway. If you click on it to show, you wanted to see it, so why are you complaining anyway???? Most of this was hidden before you even posted here.

Again, of the two, you are worse. He's a moron. You're something worse.

I will tell you from experience as an Admin for the rest of you guys who ask Jane to do it, it's one of the most distasteful things to do. If you dolts stop responding to him, he'll stop posting. Didn't you figure that out (and yes, he'll respond to this, but it has to be said despite this). Besides, don't you like voting him down?

snurp85

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
This is sad... thoughts and prayers go out to their families. I have liked Tesla as a company ever since I first read about them. I hope that this does not impact their products and research.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]The self-righteous ones like you are the more dangerous ones. Now, if Tom's had a policy and he were breaking it, I'd say they'd have a point. For example, maybe the cursing is proscribed. But, once you ban, you open a can of worms. As it turns out, people just keep voting his stuff down so it disappears quickly anyway. If you click on it to show, you wanted to see it, so why are you complaining anyway???? Most of this was hidden before you even posted here. Again, of the two, you are worse. He's a moron. You're something worse. I will tell you from experience as an Admin for the rest of you guys who ask Jane to do it, it's one of the most distasteful things to do. If you dolts stop responding to him, he'll stop posting. Didn't you figure that out (and yes, he'll respond to this, but it has to be said despite this). Besides, don't you like voting him down?[/citation]

this made me laugh, but there is a lot of truth in it, lol

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I think hommicide would be highly unlikely..
but they were part of a company that was growing every fast and to top it off GM and the other major car makers have been shrinking.

The first person figure out a way to split the Hydrogen from the Oxygen in water and use it as fuel was first offered billions from a rich man in the middle easy that owns lots of oil. He refused to shelf his idea and soon after recieved many death theats.

Stan Mayer was his name:

http://waterpoweredcar.com/

From this technology we are now able to less electricty to split the hydrogen from the oxygen. Today you can buy a kit to install in your car that converts water into hydrogen and oxygen gas for a clean burning additive that will give you more horsepower and better fuel economy.

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]...than explain kangaroos to me.[/citation]

Exactly! No one would talk about evolution at this point because you'd be a prick to let the family know you're an atheist and your only helpful words would be their son is fertilizer for the plants now. So, I'd have to agree with Capitan that this is a tragedy.

LaughALot

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
About 30 years ago DEC "Digital Equipment Corp" lost a number of key engineers in a plane crash. Because of this most corporations today have policies in place to prevent this kind of lose.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]buckcm[/nom]Exactly! No one would talk about evolution at this point because you'd be a prick to let the family know you're an atheist and your only helpful words would be their son is fertilizer for the plants now. So, I'd have to agree with Capitan that this is a tragedy.[/citation]

You really think the family is perusing Tom's Hardware, reading the forums, after their family members died, looking for insight about life from the idiots that post here? Hell, I can barely figure out which processors makes sense for me, giving life changing advice and wisdom is way outside of my range.

I think they'll look elsewhere for their spiritual needs.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
I think they had the wrong idea on how to make an electric plane.
Would have sucked anyhow. Just like their car. I love how the thing failed miserably when Top Gear tested it.

Status
Not open for further replies.