Tesla Executives Die in Plane Crash

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
Guess that is not the way to build an electric plane. Doubt it would have been any good. Guess they can't be a green company now that they have littered a neighborhood with petroleum, aluminum, and cooked body parts.

G

Gods way of saying global warming does not exist and we are killing our self's worried about it. First Ted K. then almost Clinton .... now this. Woot!

Stop bankrupting America.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]From this technology we are now able to less electricty to split the hydrogen from the oxygen. Today you can buy a kit to install in your car that converts water into hydrogen and oxygen gas for a clean burning additive that will give you more horsepower and better fuel economy.[/citation]

Not to be negative, but those devices dont work... well, they work but they dont improve efficiency. Unfortunately, it takes energy to extract hydrogen from water and it turns out it is more energy than the combustible energy in the hydrogen produced. It may be possible in the future if the proper catalyst is found but as of now it takes more to extract.

They say the energy comes from the battery which is constantly being recharged and is free energy but they forget to tell you that recharging your battery requires the alternator to kick in which takes torque away from your system.

Several TV stations locally to us had done some reports on the devices and they all have turned out to be gimmicks that don’t improve anything. One of the guys distributing these things turned out to be a convicted con artists.

As for the plane crash and Tesla Motors, my condolences to the Families.

jpishgar

VP, Global Community
Jan 5, 2010

Unfortunately, this is not a democracy.

It is however, something of an imperial republic, and I am more than happy to take unilateral steps in eliminating undesirable elements from our civil discourse. El Capitan has been expunged with impunity. Violation of our Rules of Conduct will not be tolerated. Wanton vulgarity will not be tolerated.

That is all.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]shadow187[/nom]I vote to have El_Capitan banned.Sad news...especially for a company that was dedicated (though probably just as a produt side-effect) to making the world a better place.[/citation]

[citation][nom]ravewulf[/nom]Seconded! Jane, could we have some Admin intervention please?[/citation]

Sorry boys, I was a little busy. All cleaned up. :)

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Sorry boys, I was a little busy. All cleaned up.[/citation]
Mobocracy / Ochlocracy much? Instead of leaving the idiot/hacked be, you performed, IIRC, the first censorship.

What’s worse is that you are employed by Tom’s and not an impartial mod “elected” by forum members.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
what's with all the kiddies flaming eachother on the news postings today?

and yeah it isn't computer related. I could probably find hundreds of technology non-computer-related articles tom's hardware can post every hour of the day. this isn't an automotive site. and last time I said something well, I stand by it. we don't have anyone reporting on the latest belt sander or die grinder from harbor freight now do we? :) I can understand there being an article on here about steve jobs and bill gates though.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]pei-chen[/nom]Mobocracy / Ochlocracy much? Instead of leaving the idiot/hacked be, you performed, IIRC, the first censorship.What’s worse is that you are employed by Tom’s and not an impartial mod “elected” by forum members.[/citation]

Offensive comments are against our terms of service so I am well within my right to remove them.Nothing more. You've been reading Tom's for a while, you should know I don't delete comments willy-nilly.

Would you feel differently if an 'impartial' moderator had deleted his comments?

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Offensive comments are against our terms of service so I am well within my right to remove them.Nothing more. You've been reading Tom's for a while, you should know I don't delete comments willy-nilly. Would you feel differently if an 'impartial' moderator had deleted his comments?[/citation]

Jane, I think an issue you opened up by the deletions is you left obscene language in comments from other people, generally in response to him (including your own post).

It gives the impression of inconsistency, although I am guessing with all the cleaning you did, you simply did not see them all. However, if I were looking to make a fuss, as some are, this might be a reason for it.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I live in the area and can tell you all that it was very foggy that morning and all the news anchors at the local radio station KGO asked the airport controller in it was uncommon to take off in those conditions. He responded that it is not that uncommon but that they strongly recommend against it. Maybe he did not see the transmission lines due to the fog?

rasagul

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
What I found most sad is that they reported the names were being withheld for the sake of the familys but then named the owner of the plane.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Offensive comments are against our terms of service so I am well within my right to remove them.Nothing more. You've been reading Tom's for a while, you should know I don't delete comments willy-nilly. Would you feel differently if an 'impartial' moderator had deleted his comments?[/citation]
I was under the impression that Tom's don't censure posts hence the rating system. (I’ve been here before the original Athlon launch so this is surprising)

If the reporter is also the mod, what's preventing her from deleting unfavorable comment/feedback?

You are now

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Tattysnuc[/nom]I'm very surprised to that no conspiracy theorists jumping on this one yet? Anyone considered that this could have been arranged. Imagine if their product takes off.... ahem. pun intended.[/citation]
YOU want it here it comes it was theroized by the secret service that if all americans owned an electric car it would open a gateway to hell that would exterminate the human race and as such had to be taken down. A malfunction in the fuel line that was deliberatly cut to have the fuel stop at an exact moment for it to look legit and the crash later covered up. Unfortunatly nvidia's only working fermi sample was also onboard and we will have to wait until 2011 for it to come out. Alright there you go thats all i heard for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.