Tesla Motors Finally Turns a Profit

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
[citation][nom]eodeo[/nom]I agree. for a 1000$ i expect a lot higher standard than one provided at the moment. That is why I said, if a car were ~1000$ I'd consider buying it.Never is such a long time to say ~5 years. I expect that much for the fossil fuels to be next to depleted and they roll out some actual cars- better quality, higher reliability and fraction of the current cost. When that happens, I'd consider getting one. This Tesla car is on the right track, which is why I commented in the first place.[/citation]

Will, in five years, we will see if cars with their current quality cost $1000... good luck!

dmwright

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Well done for all those who only charge at home, you are like me being organised. Only thing is most people aren't that organised. People are lazy. The 4 hour charge is with the expensive Tesla Home Charger which pulls 70amps! An ordinary home outlet would give the same charge in 40 hours, an average house is only rated for around 100amps before the breakers blow, so make sure when you are charging fast you aren't watching TV or making a coffee.People are lazy, the battery charge times need to drop way down or, as previously suggested, charging need to be distributed such as automatically in a parking bay, pay for parking and charging at the same time, otherwise "Joe American" won't pick it up. But for all the organised people with superior electricity supply and an expensive charger it is a great idea.[/citation]

As car companies such as tesla are the ones who have researched and tested these products for SALE. By the time "Joe America" is able to buy this product the regulations and laws needed for such use would already be in place whether that be increased amps or the possibility of "Generator Loans", etc..

How else would it be economical or "

Status
Not open for further replies.