Texting Teenager Walks Into Open Manhole

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"the family will be suing"
What's wrong with this society? Doing something stupid -whe all have- is one thing. Than trying to make a buck off of it... shame on you :-(

You didn't get hurt; be happy!

Peter

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
The girl should be sued.. The "American Way of Life" is 'sue everybody for anything'. She was the hazardous part of the equation. Once she isn't paying attention she is the one likely to cause an accident.

Regected

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
"We're gona sue even though it was her fault!"

You have got to love the stupidity. Every case like this should come with the prerequisite for the plaintiff to have to get their tubes tied before the judge can hear the case. That would take the idiots out of the gene pool and keep intelligent people from filing frivolous lawsuits.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Lmao figures the parents would try and sue. They need to have some sence knocked into them.. This situation could be much worse, as she could've walked in front of a car and been killed. And it'll be the city they sue, which I hope they counter sue for littering. *She lost her shoe*.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I agree the girl was pretty stupid and is lucky she didn't break a bone. However, who uncovers a manhole BEFORE putting up cones and warning signs?

Shouldn't the manhole have been surrounded by one of those cages? Still, no-harm no-foul in my opinion, and I don't even understand what there is to sue over. I hope this doesn't cost the city too much money.

G

Suing?? That is ridiculous...what do her parents seriously think they have a case for...maybe they should sue themselves for not raising their daughter to not be an idiot

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
aaa gotta love the american people, even when its clearly they stupidity, they will go for suing for some weird reasons..

hellscook

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
Way to look out for your kid there, mom. Don't call her a damn idiot for not only walking on a road without looking, but falling down a hole too. Don't teach her to watch her surroundings. No, sue someone. It's obvious that manholes should never be open, nor should any danger exist on the road. It's someone else's fault that she's an idiot and was probably raised by idiots.

trinix

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
but if they had placed the cones on the ground, she would have tripped and fallen on the pavement, resulting in another lawsuit. Stupidity rules the world.

Maybe she's going to sue the mobile phone company. They should have a system in place to warn people when they are about to put themselves in danger. Or just add a simple if you are walking while texting, you are in big danger and can't sue anyone clause in it.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
I think this line proofs that she shouldnt even be aloud to sue:"although we’re not sure who and for what"...But come on, the best the lawyer could say is that there should have been one of the workers by the manhole...ok fine, but what is the family really gonna get from a suit? No one was hurt so they really wont get much if anything. Plus they could get an honest worker fired....not worth it to anyone.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Sorry, but the mother is just another one of those idiots that just likes to sue every chance they get. Hope they lose and they have to pay. The workers probably turned to grab the cones to start placing them and dumb 15 year old (is there any other kind. I know I was one:)), fell in. Since she was too busy texting instead of watching where she was going she and her mother should be grateful that was all that happened. She could have walked out in front of a car or truck and gotten killed. Then what? Sue the driver or the city for not having railings up to keep people from walking into the road of traffic. What is up with these people that seem to have the attitude of its everyone else's fault but mine. Just what ever happened to personal responsability? When does that come into play?

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
The world is truly starting to get sad. To me the movie Idiocracy is slowly becoming even more like reality and that plain and simply scares the heck out of me.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
"Longueria’s mother it doesn’t matter that Alexa was texting and says the family will be suing (although we’re not sure who and for what)." -TH

What?

blarneypete

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2007
I would love to see this in court - the defense attorney simply getting up and stating "as the court can plainly see from this reenactment, the plaintiff is clearly an idiot."

The workers should countersue her. "I had to pull her out of the manhole and it was all gross and putrid and icky. Eww!"

If I was the judge I think I would have a hard time keeping a straight face for that case.

G

Should have used a GPS app and she would have known the manhole was coming up.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
oh man i wish this was recorded it would be the #1 viral video clip on you tube.

mind you it is the town that is responsible for manhole covers but if this happened to me i wouldn't sue to spare myself the embarrassment. i would love to be at this trial though to see what the judge says.

Status
Not open for further replies.