The 3DS Virtual Girlfriend Who Stays Faithful

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
[citation][nom]idisarmu[/nom]Facial recognition eh? So you're saying this girl will only cheat on you with your brother/cousin/masculine-lesbian-sister?[/citation]

The 3Ds has basically a Kinect built into it. It's pretty advanced.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
I'd be willing to bet the spam is linked to offshore websites that'll charge the crap out of the card from whoever is dumb enough to buy things from those links. In that case all they would need are a couple of complete morons for it to pay off.

I think Toms needs to have a captcha for leaving comments!

Scott2010au

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
Or, Toms could just delete this persons user accounts.

Then engage the following policy:

Do not permit the posting of URLs, even unlinked ones, in any new users first 10 posts, or within 72 hours of a new user account being created.

It's not hard for a software machine to notice something spam related in this day and age.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Or, Toms could just delete this persons user accounts.

Then engage the following policy:

Do not permit the posting of URLs, even unlinked ones, in any new users first 10 posts, or within 72 hours of a new user account being created.

It's not hard for a software machine to notice something spam related in this day and age.

READ tHIS, TOMS

G

ummm... interesting but I could find a better use for it, than just trolling around

Imagine that by speaking with that girl, you control you iPad. And she would only respond if you ask her nicely (most ppl need some manners anyway). Instead of error logs, she tells you what's happening. Anything happens she's the one to tell you, and she does anything you want (what else do you need? :D) She is the "user interface" and your pretty, faithful GF at the same time... though the latter is kinda sad xD

f*ck I gave away my idea

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
With my foot in some Japanese sites... yep, there are Japanese guys having dinner - New Years Eve Celebration with the fake Anime / 3D / Whatever girlfriend...

We're talking food placed in front of a notebook or LCD screen of some type. There are life-size pillows of the "girls"... easy to clean, no?

And yes, Japan's population is actually in reverse! Now, if Mexico, India, Africa and any other poor country would do the same for a while - we can get some population control for our planet. less pollution and perhaps better quality of life.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
I hope you can transfer existing "girlfriend" profile data and aquired knowledge (I guess) to another machine. That way, that yahoo in Japan who married his "Love Plus" girlfriend could upgrade!

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Girlfriend Who Stays Faithful

A very bold claim even if it is a virtual woman. (This comment is purely a joke and not to be taken seriously)

identify the player through facial recognition software

Except for those of us with a evil twin. Or will his goatee be enough for her not to be tricked?
If so shes smarter than even real women.

If someone other than the "boyfriend" tries to play the game, the virtual girl won't respond in her usual ways and instead will ask things such as "Who are you?"

Good to know so if my 3DS gets stolen and my virtual girlfriend gets kidnapped
instead of contacting the authorities to save herself and more importantly my 3DS
she will just stand there and ask who her kidnapper is.

ctmk

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]With my foot in some Japanese sites... yep, there are Japanese guys having dinner - New Years Eve Celebration with the fake Anime / 3D / Whatever girlfriend... We're talking food placed in front of a notebook or LCD screen of some type. There are life-size pillows of the "girls"... easy to clean, no?And yes, Japan's population is actually in reverse! Now, if Mexico, India, Africa and any other poor country would do the same for a while - we can get some population control for our planet. less pollution and perhaps better quality of life.[/citation]

and less sex crime :p

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
This has been around for 2 years minimum, guys.

Also, why this means they have no life, I don't know. But maybe I tune into their thoughts better because I'm Japanese myself.

Flynn_Serlant

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
[citation][nom]bv90andy[/nom]And if then you don't pay a certain amount of money into the companies bank account the vgirlfriend will dump you.[/citation]

Proving once again that what most girls want, whether they be physical or virtual, is money.

Status
Not open for further replies.