The AirTag in my suitcase failed me when I needed it most — but it was entirely my fault

Mar 5, 2024
The AirTag uses a CR2032, not a CR2302. A trick I use to help my battery last longer since I don't use it very often is to remove the battery when I'm not using the AirTag.

Tom Pritchard

Commendable
Apr 14, 2021
The AirTag uses a CR2032, not a CR2302. A trick I use to help my battery last longer since I don't use it very often is to remove the battery when I'm not using the AirTag.
Silly typo, thanks for the spot that's been fixed.
Good tip about the battery though, so long as you remember to put it back in!

Mar 5, 2024
The find my app does give you low battery notifications (make sure you have find my app has notification and location permission)

but that said I always put the month year as part of the name like "dog (04/23)" so I am aware when it only has 2-3 months remaining or using bad battery (usually get 1 year 3 months out of each battery) Panasonic cr2032 seem to work the best (can't use duracell due to the brita coating and bad design of the airtag battery Contact points)

Mar 5, 2024
Silly typo, thanks for the spot that's been fixed.
Good tip about the battery though, so long as you remember to put it back in!
I leave the AirTag disassembled so it's obvious the battery is out so I don't make a silly mistake (or I would!)

Mar 16, 2024
You also missed that your phone warned you for quite a long time that the AirTag battery was going low. At least that's what my air tags do...