The Audi A9 Fan Artist's Concept: Coming Soon?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylvh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
The Audi looks awesome. His rendering of the concept Ducati 6098 R, has a Lamborghini look to it.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]pei-chen[/nom]Wait, a self-regenerate car with an internal combustion engine? That's like saying horse carriage with ABS brakes.[/citation]FAIL.

xaira

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
im waiting for the lotus and zero, the front looks awesome on this 1, but the back "Meh", and the fake a9 is obviously a modder who had an a4 and way too much time on his hands, the cheapest a6' cabin size is noticably different from the puny cabin of an a4

wcooper007

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
[citation][nom]figgus[/nom]Nanotechnology? Why not claim it is powered by a Mr fusion unit while you are at it?I guess it's ok to make a render of a slick car, by why try to include tech that DOESN'T FREAKING EXIST YET and then pass it off as a concept?I have a concept of a Cessna powered by a warp drive. Will you post that on Tom's, even though the technology isn't even close to being invented yet?[/citation]

Hate to burst your bubble dude but look up self repairing paint and you will be amazed by what you find.. i know BMW and Caddy use this stuff already and it apprently does a pretty good job on minor surface scratchs so to say that nano tech is not real yet is not true..

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
4 electric motors + batteries + combustion engine + fuel tank + 4 wheel drive train = ALOT OF WEIGHT!
Seriously, whos idea was it to double up on everything?

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
lol it looks like a cocoon

seriously folks, who spends this kind of money on an Audi. It's just an overpriced VW brand.

Mercedes Benz is coming out with a new somewhat retro looking gullwing coupe. Which is a lot more interesting than something with the olympics badge on the front and also has a lot more prestige to the name. Probably costs the same as an A9 would to boot. Guess where my money would go? Not Audi. lol

malphas

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
The proportions and design are suberb, easily more balanced than an R8. The car industy needs more guys like this and less Chris Bangle clones.

malphas

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]lol it looks like a cocoonseriously folks, who spends this kind of money on an Audi. It's just an overpriced VW brand.Mercedes Benz is coming out with a new somewhat retro looking gullwing coupe. Which is a lot more interesting than something with the olympics badge on the front and also has a lot more prestige to the name. Probably costs the same as an A9 would to boot. Guess where my money would go? Not Audi. lol[/citation]
You're badmouthing Audi but saying you'd buy a Mercedes? They've been shockingly awful since the mid 90's. Like really really bad, not just ugly but technically inferior to Audi, BMW, VW, Honda, Nissan, etc. etc.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
repair itself? that is for kids.
in reality, if it works, will not be ideal as it will still leave scars or marks of damage.

thanks for the BMW link, that is nice.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]malphas[/nom]The proportions and design are suberb, easily more balanced than an R8. The car industy needs more guys like this and less Chris Bangle clones.[/citation]

Most concept cars look similar, but when they get done with the regulations look a bit different. For one thing the roof is going to be higher, or the windows larger due to poor visibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.