Solved! The best budget HDTVs at 40" to 42"

zealotz

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: this month
BUDGET RANGE: $1,350 to $1,500

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: HDTV only, no surfing the net.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Philippines

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: best performance and best value this is my only concern

my picks are:
Sony Bravia KLV-40EX400 (but I think I will go for Sony for performance and better video and sound quality)
Samsung Series 5 LA40 C550

guys any comments suggestions it is much appreciated....... thanks

Solution
Get a g25 series panasonic plasma they outperform even the expensive lcds for most things, at 1080p and 600hz submotion field drive you wont get a single hickup. Just make sure if you do get a plasma to go and get a plasma essentials dvd that will put out a motion of different colors to make sure no burn-in occurs. Burn in now on plasmas is very rare unless u leave it on for 2 days straight on a static image but even then if you change it to say a football game or anything with no static images whatsoever for about an hour it will get rid of the after effect or burn in. Make sure to do the first 100 hours lightly with it and just google it. For the price your saying its your best choice, as long as you can mantain it, it will for sure...

blazerboy

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Get a g25 series panasonic plasma they outperform even the expensive lcds for most things, at 1080p and 600hz submotion field drive you wont get a single hickup. Just make sure if you do get a plasma to go and get a plasma essentials dvd that will put out a motion of different colors to make sure no burn-in occurs. Burn in now on plasmas is very rare unless u leave it on for 2 days straight on a static image but even then if you change it to say a football game or anything with no static images whatsoever for about an hour it will get rid of the after effect or burn in. Make sure to do the first 100 hours lightly with it and just google it. For the price your saying its your best choice, as long as you can mantain it, it will for sure not let you down.

Solution