The BioShock 2 Box Art Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm playing the original Bioshock for the first time right now. Saw it on sale for $20 WITH Oblivion! The cover this Bioshock 2 looks like it could be for the original game. I prefer the graphics and game play of DOOM 3 better, so Im looking forward to a video sample or screenshot of the new one.

Computer_Lots

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
I thought the big Daddy's all died in the first one???

I do remember the main character does suit-up as a Big Daddy himself at the end. Perhaps the picture is of you and not the enemy.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I don't like that broken glass effect. It's like lens flare, overused and can't take your eye off of it once noticed.

Usually you want your box art to be distinctive from the previous versions. This makes it easier on parents buying games for brats. Nintendo has mastered this (Pokemon games organized by color, couldn't be simpler). This probably wont cause anything noticeable in terms of sales but you want new games to be new and give the impression that it will be better than the previous game.

Anyone find the girl creepier than the Big Daddy?

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
[citation][nom]frozenlead[/nom]Any news on DRM?[/citation]
I heard you have to submit a DNA sample to the DRM office then they'll ship you a one time only install DVD that will slowly destruct once exposed to oxygen.

WhyFi

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
You play the original Big Daddy in Bioshock 2; you're the prototype, supposedly with the ability to use plasmids.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
[citation][nom]Computer_Lots[/nom]I thought the big Daddy's all died in the first one???I do remember the main character does suit-up as a Big Daddy himself at the end. Perhaps the picture is of you and not the enemy.[/citation]

I thought all the Little Sisters were gone/taken from Rapture (either good or bad ending). So I am also wondering where this would start and end, because it seems so far from the original.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Didn't buy or ever play the original Bioshock because of DRM.

Unless EA changes their tune... no EA titles for me... 2+ years now of NO EA purchases, oh well.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I despise EA and their evil tactics.

Despite DRM, BIOSHOCK is still a very good game.

I know this b/c friend gave me his retail copy.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
I thought the big Daddy's all died in the first one???

I do remember the main character does suit-up as a Big Daddy himself at the end. Perhaps the picture is of you and not the enemy.

At the end of the first one it tells us how you (the protagonist) ends. There are 2 versions which can both be viewed on YouTube. Didn't want to spoil the ending for those who are still playing it. The litte sisters were also take out.

However, I don't recall that all the big daddies where killed. The process of making the big daddies and the little sisters were still there at the end.

scooterlibby

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
DRM sucks I know, but what can I say? I got the game trough Steam and played it through about 4 times. Loved it every go round and was a satisfied customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.