Question The brightness keeps auto adjusting even though I dont have a light sensor, Tried all the fixes, None of them works.

Jun 17, 2020
I have a Lenovo Ideapad 510s.

I have been recently struggling with the brightness issue, where it automatically changes.

I dont have adaptive brightness option in the brightness section, hence i believe I dont have a light sensor.

I had seen many people saying it might be related to the power saving feature, but when i go to the Power saving menu in the Intel graphics properties I cant see anything.

Please help this is really bothering me, especially during the night when I want low brightness and I change into another app, it brightens up and kills my eyes !
Also, i dont have the " Change brightness automatically when lighting changes" option

Jun 17, 2020
To which app are you switching?
Maybe it´s just a white background? You could use the dark mode of windows 10
https://www.howtogeek.com/222614/how-to-enable-windows-10s-hidden-dark-theme/

if it brightens up, can you lower the brightness?

Yes, I have enabled the dark mode.
I have mostly dark mode on every app, except for VLC in which this is more prominent,also in word.
Yes i can lower the brightness later, but it hurts my eyes especially when I am working during the night times, and the brightness goes up all the way to max brightness and kills my eyes.

My laptop is mostly plugged in to the power adapter all the time.
I have tried most of the methods mentioned, trying to change the power plan settings and all mentioned in the internet and it still isn't working.

Jun 17, 2020
Is this a function of being on and off battery power? As I recall there are default settings for brightness based on being on AC or battery.

R

My laptop is plugged in to the power adapter all the time.
I have tried most of the methods mentioned, trying to change the power plan settings and all the similar fixes mentioned in the internet and it still isn't working.