The Facebook is not loading on 2 computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astralv

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Hey there

The Facebook is not loading on 2 of my desktop computers, but account is active- can see it on my phone. I tried Edge browser and Chrome on this computer.When I type in www.facebook.com, the wheel is spinning for like 5-10 seconds and then white page loads. Nothing on it. When I try Chrome, the log in page comes up, but then when I put in my username and password, it takes me to white empty page. It is not just my profile- I can not load any pictures from history.

Makes me think- my Internet Provider blocking some port, or what else can it be? Thank you.

Astralv

Honorable
May 6, 2013

My phone is connected to home WiFi and the app is working on my phone. It also working on my phone if I just open internet and type www.facebook.....

It does not work on my 2nd computer with Edge and Chrome. I can go to "About" facebook page, for example, which looks like any other facebook page and it has no issues loading, but when I log in, nothing loading.

Can it be some kind of Firewall settings? I use Norton. I checked simple network settings, it was saying that I am on Public Network, so I changed it to Privet. (Not for Windows, but apparently Norton also has similar settings).

Windows also show that I am on Public network. How do I change it to Privet? )Not that it would help but just something to try. Thank you.

Astralv

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Thank you for your reply. I did not change any settings, did not install any add blocking software. The only was something could change is if Windows installed something, but I did not have the Creator update installed yet. The Facebook was working for years.

Now I have to report that it also not loading on my work computer. This makes me think that it can be specific to my Facebook account. But I can not log out of my account because all I get is white page.

This is a big deal because- well- I had my Birthday recently and could not reply to any posts, could not even see my Birthday wishes. I am waiting for contest results and can not view any messages or posts. And I am managing the Facebook page for our professional organization and need access to my account to support organization's pages. This makes no sense.

Is there any way to contact Facebook without being logged in? Obviously I can not log in or log out. Thank you.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I can't access FB from my current location. Maybe another member can check your link.

If you can properly access from your phone, then your profile is likely still okay. Try clearing the caches/temp files of your browsers and then try again. Also, make sure that your time settings (including timezone) are accurate on your PCs.

Astralv

Honorable
May 6, 2013
The time setting is fine. This is so weird. Also now I am questioning my own URL.

I can access it on my phone through the Facebook app, but not if I type www.facebook.com. On my phone, it redirects to m.facebook.com and loads as white page.

Astralv

Honorable
May 6, 2013
And the problem is back. It happened when I click on the About page. The wheel was spinning, spinning, then it loaded empty page. Now clearing Browsing history is not helping. It remains white at facebook.com. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

Astralv

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Interestingly, after I clear cookies, and type facebook.com, I get this page:

"Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.facebook.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"

Ok, I am at work, so this is not exactly privet connection, but I have never seen a page like this. You know how when you type URL, it shows "Secure" at top left by the address bar and your address starts with https:// well- I have https:// scratched and it is on red and it says "Not Secure".

This is what it says if I click "Advanced"
www.facebook.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to www.facebook.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.facebook.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit www.facebook.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

Astralv

Honorable
May 6, 2013
And this time I was able to log in, and see my timeline, but when clicked on my profile, it went white again. Ugh. I dont have time for this. Thank you for reading.

Astralv

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Just deleted cookies on Edge and Chrom on my home computer and it does not solve the issue- still loads white page. How do I delete temporary files?

I can not find how to contact Facebook Support. There got to be some form of support. What if it was some big business page? There is this page called Support Inbox, accessed from Help section, but it does not loads either. Can somebody try this and see what this links leads to and if there any contact information? https://www.facebook.com/support/?ref=hc_global_nav Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.