The Hobbit to be Filmed with Super Pricey 3D Rigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
Oh dear, it seems the database is on its knees attempting to cough up a hairball. Let's see if I can't kick the old girl back into gear...

*Edit*

Thar she blows!

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Come on guys you need to be more technological, the rest of the article is there..... :) you just need to get you pair of 3D glasses from the next Cyber Monday sale with the invisible ink/font reader embedded core series and Voila!!! You'll be able to read it......

squanto

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
[citation][nom]lukeiamyourfather[/nom]That's cheap compared to cinema cameras of a decade or two ago, especially considering what you get for the money.[/citation]

too right, the regular film cameras of hollywood cost 4000/week to rent (can't be bought)
RED cams have and will continue to revolutionize the industry.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]squanto[/nom]too right, the regular film cameras of hollywood cost 4000/week to rent (can't be bought) RED cams have and will continue to revolutionize the industry.[/citation]
you are also forgeting the cost of film itself

and for the quality that a red can produce, i don't know how many of you are familiar with it, but damn... red raw data isnt something you ever want to deal with on any less than adobe cs5

pakardbell486dx2

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
can't they just for once forgo the CGI/3D and just make a movie the old fashion way. This 3D crap is useless eye candy that only small children and the impotent appreciate it. It cheapens the movie and shows lack of creativity and only serves as a filler to make up for the lack of content and plot today's movies are showing. Has every one forgotten how a film should be...............

Chris_TC

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]pakardbell486dx2[/nom]can't they just for once forgo the CGI/3D and just make a movie the old fashion way. This 3D crap is useless eye candy that only small children and the impotent appreciate it.[/citation]
You mean silent and in black/white? Color is useless eye candy, and audio (let alone surround sound) is useless ear candy.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]red raw data isnt something you ever want to deal with on any less than adobe cs5[/citation]

Oh yes lol made "my" Quadro CX choke!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]barmaley[/nom]$58,000 X 30 = $1,740,000.For reference, Avatar's budget according to Wikipedia was $237,000,000.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_%282009_film%29I say, in our days between these kind of budgets and what actors get paid for starring in your movies, $1.74 mil is a drop in the bucket...[/citation]That's exactly what I was gonna say. Seriously, I definitely respect the camera's quality and pricing but 1.5mil for some equipment sounds about right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS