The Kitchen For Really, Really Small Rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Placing a work fridge and stove that close together can't be good, the fridge would wear out too quick I'd think. Neat idea, but even a bachelor apartment in Manhattan or Tokyo has a bigger kitchen.

Doomsy2006

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Great for life on a boat that you need to create a galley in. Like a purchase of a Fix'er Upper and you need to redo the entire kitchen.....Viola! Now I wonder what the power consumption rate is! Great idea

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
seems cool, idk who would buy that tho... and another problem with it is that it all "pulls out" from this box. The space requirements for this are kind of weird since you need to make sure you have enough room on all sides to open all of the compartments

domenic

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I have garbage cans larger than that. So it's a stove top element and a fridge with some storage/garbage space. No oven, not even a microwave, no dishwasher. Can hardly be called a kitchen.

bk420

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Neat! next time i go to china i will take one of these with me! So i dont have to eat all that raw food; that gave me the craps for weeks!

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]bk420[/nom]Neat! next time i go to china i will take one of these with me! So i dont have to eat all that raw food; that gave me the craps for weeks![/citation]

That right there is symptoms of a parasitic infection, uncooked or undercooked food as well bad water.

kriswitak

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]climber[/nom]The single burner "stove" must be an induction cook top element.[/citation]

I don't think so. In the illustrations it says to wait until the "stove" is cool enough to close the unit up. Induction surfaces don't actually heat up, only the actual metal pan or whatever you use heats up. It's probably just an electrical stove top. That's not that far fetched.

seraphimcaduto

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I agree with jacobdrj, I remember dorm life and this would have saved SO much room in that little 10x20 box that I shared with two roommates

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]bk420[/nom]Neat! next time i go to china i will take one of these with me! So i dont have to eat all that raw food; that gave me the craps for weeks![/citation]

raw food and China? I thought you were talking Japan. As far as I know, most of food in China ... though can be kind of "different"... but at least most of them are "cooked"

Though I do agree that in some parts of China.. getting clean water can be a problem.. but well.. you can always get a coke as long as you do not get a coke-wanna be...lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.