The laptop's keyboard is messed up.

Ahmedouvix

Estimable
May 30, 2015
My keyboard is scrambled and messed up. keys do wrong functions and some keys don't even work.

yesterday i cleaned the keyboard with a tissue paper with very slight amount of water on it then the keyboard messed up and some keys typed duplicated characters, for example when i press 1 it types 2 and 3.

not my first time cleaning and i even used more hard methods before with no problem.

did many solutions on google and now some keys doesn't work and others types wrong characters even when i use external keyboard.

for example,

on top number bar
1 > !
2 > @
3 > #

on numpad
8 > up arrow
4 > left arrow
. > delete
spacebar, main enter key, ctrl, shift, alt, numlock, f11, f3, a , s , d > not working on the laptop keyboard but work on the external keyboard

the wrong characters thing happens on the external keyboard too.

to fix the wrong characters i have to tap shift, numlock,alt,ctrl multible times on the external keyboard. takes time because i don't know what's the exact solution and have to try my luck.

this method doesn't fix the keys that don't work on the laptop

i cleaned every key on the keyboard to make sure there is nothing stuck under any key.

tried on bios and ubuntu live still same problems.

any help? motherboard problem?

Solution
Its possible that you have water that is now bridging the contacts of the keyboard matrix bellow the keys you press on when typing.

When you press a key down on the under side of it there are small carbon or graphite circular pads.
They make contact with the keyboard matrix membrane and bridge the two contacts for each key to complete a circuit for each key you press down on.

Every key of the keyboard membrane has two contact points bellow each key.
That leads in basic terms from a plus connection to a common ground.

The key you press is and then completing a circuit is then registered by the keyboard encoder decoder, chip of the keyboard and outputs the caricature, symbol, letter or number pressed Ahmed.

To resolve the problem you...

Shaun o

Distinguished
Its possible that you have water that is now bridging the contacts of the keyboard matrix bellow the keys you press on when typing.

When you press a key down on the under side of it there are small carbon or graphite circular pads.
They make contact with the keyboard matrix membrane and bridge the two contacts for each key to complete a circuit for each key you press down on.

Every key of the keyboard membrane has two contact points bellow each key.
That leads in basic terms from a plus connection to a common ground.

The key you press is and then completing a circuit is then registered by the keyboard encoder decoder, chip of the keyboard and outputs the caricature, symbol, letter or number pressed Ahmed.

To resolve the problem you need to remove the battery of the laptop.
And put the laptop its self in a warm enclosed box or airing cupboard for a few hours.
to let the water droplets beneath the keys of the laptop and on the matrix membrane to completely evaporate. so it is 100 % dry.

Or use a hair dryer set to a warm setting blowing hot air onto the laptops keyboard, and moving it around for half an hour with it held about six to eight inches away from the laptops keyboard.

Warm air will help evaporate any water or moisture content sat on the keyboard matrix membrane for the effected keys.

Solution

Ahmedouvix

Estimable
May 30, 2015

it's been 1 day now since the problem happened but i will try and hopefully it will work. thank you