The Last of Us 2 Remastered — how to upgrade from PS4 to PS5

Jan 15, 2024
I'm sure I'm not the only one who have a physical PS4 disc, but bought the digital only version of the PS5?
I still have the disc, but nowhere to stick it (easy now!).

I'm assuming there's no upgrade path for this?

Jan 15, 2024
I'm sure I'm not the only one who have a physical PS4 disc, but bought the digital only version of the PS5?
I still have the disc, but nowhere to stick it (easy now!).

I'm assuming there's no upgrade path for this?
Even if you had a disc drive, and the disc, this only works for the digital edition. Otherwise, you could upgrade to the Remaster, with a rented dics, and return it afterwards. No one would buy the remaster.

Jan 15, 2024
Even if you had a disc drive, and the disc, this only works for the digital edition. Otherwise, you could upgrade to the Remaster, with a rented dics, and return it afterwards. No one would buy the remaster.
As I understood it, for the digital upgrade, you had to have the PS4 disc in your PS5 for the digital version to work. It's not an upgrade and then you have the game, you always have to have the disc inserted.

Jan 15, 2024
As I understood it, for the digital upgrade, you had to have the PS4 disc in your PS5 for the digital version to work. It's not an upgrade and then you have the game, you always have to have the disc inserted.
No. If you have the physical version AT ALL, you have no upgrade path. None. No matter what disc you have, or console. The only upgrade path for $10, is if you own the digital PS4 version, and up log in on your PS5, and you buy the digital upgrade. No disc, in your console will prompt that upgrade path. It's digital only.

Jan 15, 2024
No. If you have the physical version AT ALL, you have no upgrade path. None. No matter what disc you have, or console. The only upgrade path for $10, is if you own the digital PS4 version, and up log in on your PS5, and you buy the digital upgrade. No disc, in your console will prompt that upgrade path. It's digital only.
That's not what I've read at all.
Here's an example
https://gamerant.com/the-last-of-us...ade-remastered-ps4-ps5-no-return-lost-levels/

If you have the the PS4 disc, you can upgrade to the PS5 digital version, but have to have the disc inserted to play.