The Nvidia Shield: World's First 4K Android TV Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

aje21

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
So it's a 4K console which won't play games at 4K - I suspected as much (especially given the price), but the headline is intentionally misleading. Doh, that's what headlines are for...

It's a "4K Android TV console". The 4K is in reference to the video content it can put out, not the gaming content. It's really more of a set-top box as opposed to the more traditional definition of a "gaming console" I suppose. Either way, 1080p and 60 FPS is still better than what current consoles can handle most of the time, and at a fraction of the price.

aje21

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
I wasn't arguing against the console, just making an observation that headline writers have a specific goal (getting people to read the article) so having the wording correct but likely to be misread to mean something else is just a fact of life. Given the console is streaming the game rather than doing most of the work itself, it would be fantastic to have seen 4K output from games, but you can't argue with the price vs. features they are offering.

Udonitron

Estimable
May 20, 2015
Sorry but you are reading it wrong. It does not saying "gaming console" but rather "World's First 4K Android TV Console"

Status
Not open for further replies.