The Oscars failed to nominate the best movie of the year in any category — and I'm livid

Mar 8, 2024
Hey man. While I totally appreciate your passion for John Wick. I have to respectfully disagree with JW4 deserving a best picture or actor nomination. The movie was pretty good. But...taking the movie seriously....I have a really hard time doing. The complete believability of the action scenes and what these characters were doing and enduring? Just wasn't realistic. Fun...but not realistic. However, I do 100% agree with you that the Academy needs to expand their horizons when it comes to different genres. Including horror, which gets completely ignored more than any other genre. But yes, just cause a movie makes a lot of money shouldn't disqualify it from contention. So...do you think he's dead? I think he is. And it was the correct ending. He won his freedom and is vindicated, loses his life but gets to be with his wife now hopefully.

Mar 9, 2024
I am not sure you should be rating movies at all if you think John Wick 4 is worthy of a Best Picture nomination. I agree it is highly entertaining movie and technically proficient in many area, such as cinematography, but Best Picture... I best you think the Fast and Furious serious has had oscar snubs too...