The Robot That Will Make David Hasselhoff Obsolete

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojo_bojojo

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
LOL the first thing I thought when I read the headline was that this is a sex robot, not a lifeguard robot. I think I have a problem.

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
We all took note during the Baywatch opening credits—The Hoff's bouncing pecs are hard to ignore! But we also remember Baywatch for those orange flotation devices thrown into the water at the first sign of danger.

I took more notice to other bouncing flotation devices. ;)

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]This gadget can't help unconscious people.[/citation]

This was my first thought. I'd imagine that when lifeguards need to get involved, it's often because the person in trouble is physically unable to... swim. Obviously like all other tools, this one will have it's time and place.

And how does it work in choppy water? And will it support the weight/drag of a large adult who's not swimming at all?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]mojo_bojojo[/nom]LOL the first thing I thought when I read the headline was that this is a sex robot, not a lifeguard robot. I think I have a problem.[/citation]
I actually thought "It gets drunk and eats hamburgers?".

aaron686

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Now what about people splashing? LOL I'd love to see the look on their faces to see a bright orange thing coming towards them at 28mph.
"i'll never splash again O_O"

lakelucid

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
Rushing to rescue a drowning person at 28mph sounds like a dangerous thing to do. They could go from conscious to instantly unconscious...

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
[citation][nom]lakelucid[/nom]Rushing to rescue a drowning person at 28mph sounds like a dangerous thing to do. They could go from conscious to instantly unconscious...[/citation]

Details, details... This is still a step in the right direction, especially considering that's a price the state won't balk at. I'm sure we're missing some specifics, though. I'm going to assume that it's padded and the life guard on duty can take manual remote control over the unit. Also what they also need is a unit that can get the life guard out to the 'unconscious' victim as a jet ski may in some situations be too much to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS