The screen on my galaxy s3 won't respond or turn on the phone turns on itself but the screen doesn't respond it's just black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbsxoxo3

Estimable
Apr 19, 2014
I dropped my phone from the top self of my locker and it landed on its side then it turned weird colors so I hit it a few times on bows it just black the phone turns on and the buttons on the bottom on the phone lights up but when I touch the screen it doesn't respond or light up the screens all black

Solution
You can't actually figure anything out when you get only a black screen.
Have you tried getting your phone into recovery or download mode ?
But i seriously doubt that it would help you. Since in your case it is most probably a hardware problem(display) and that problem can only be solved by getting a new display.

maktovic

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
I myself had this problem with Galaxy S3. But luckily it was under warranty and it was replaced by the Dealer. Unlike your case I didnt dropped off my phone , it just suddenly happened

So it is best to go to Samsung Service Centre and they will help you.

maktovic

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
You can't actually figure anything out when you get only a black screen.
Have you tried getting your phone into recovery or download mode ?
But i seriously doubt that it would help you. Since in your case it is most probably a hardware problem(display) and that problem can only be solved by getting a new display.

Solution

kaynat butt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
plz tell me how is ur ph now ......if u got it fix than plz tell me also how to fix that and what is the problem actually beacause it is the same case which happened with my ph today

EA1

Estimable
Feb 8, 2015

EA1

Estimable
Feb 8, 2015
I just had the same problem and googled for the answer. I found that just simply holding the power button for over 10 seconds, it works (it turned off the phone and I just needed to turn it back on and everything works as normal now).

jamijones

Estimable
Mar 6, 2015

My galaxy s4 does the same thing but I did not drop my brother threw his phone on top of my can I fix it instead of buying a new phone? Or do I have to buy a new phone but another thing is wrong with my phone the volume botton is bent in will that also cause to do ththat my phone? ?

bawshog

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015

Yes the same thing happened to me it suddenly happened also i called samsung and they saod it would be $65 dollars.

beardmore18

Estimable
Mar 29, 2015
FIX...
With the battery removd press and hold the power button for exactly 1 minute. With the battery still removed put it down and just leave it alone for 5 to 10 minutes. After 5 or 10 replace the battery then power up the device and you should be good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.