The Special Keyboard for Chrome OS Laptops

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gh0st

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
[citation][nom]schizz69[/nom]Well, the thing you are forgetting is that this is not designed to run windows, it is for chrome OS. F keys are rather outdated any way, and anyone who wants to write in all caps can go suck a rotten apple (tm)[/citation]
WTF do F Keys have to do with all CAPS ?I'm not being a smartass I'm confused,someone please explain...

gh0st, let me explain it without being an idiot like schizz.

Function keys (F1-F12) are used by windows.. if chromeos doesnt support fkeys there is no reason to have them on a keyboard. Just look at some mac keyboards sometime.

As stated earlier the shift key will most likely be merged with the caps lock.

As for a similarity between caps & fkeys there isnt one.

I will agree with the masses here though. The search key should have been where a windows key would have been. To eliminate such a basic button without need is pointless. yes there IS a use for the caps lock button.

blackjellognomes

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ssddx[/nom]I will agree with the masses here though. The search key should have been where a windows key would have been. To eliminate such a basic button without need is pointless. yes there IS a use for the caps lock button.[/citation]The masses? I think there is a quiet majority here. And personally, I'd appreciate the larger Ctrl and Alt keys. Besides, how often do you really need to use Caps Lock? It'll probably just be enabled by holding the Shift key or a quick double tap. Not that hard.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Looks like they stole the F keys and large track pad from Apple. As far as the search key, not impressed and I think Google will be to overseeing with this this OS, will see.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
make the Ctrl and Alt keys smaller on the lower left corner. you can fit in 2 keys. I want the Caps Lock back. Don't care about the search key. Put it on the browser. If the default search is Google, it's Microsoft turn to sue. And the rest of the bunch will follow.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Don't like the search button there. I hit caps lock when I'm going for tab throughout the day.
I would be tiocked if a search window came up everytime that happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.