The Super-Easy Way to Jailbreak Your New iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrecio

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
wow apple will have a lot of Warranties to void. but its not like they ever honored them anyways. Wasn't apple the ones who refused to work on devices because their owners smoked around them, making them a bio-hazard?

Apple does anything to get out of a warranty this is just another way for them to do it.

YAY Jailbreak BOOO Apple.

guantan

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
DMCA permits jailbreaking however it will void the Apple warranty.

What I haven't found an answer to is if Apple can release updates to intentionally hamper all the users that choose to jailbreak their iphones.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
The site is down, as I cannot get this to work. This is SUCH a great breakthrough, except that it does not work. So, all those iPhone warranties are still valid.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
[citation][nom]guantan[/nom]DMCA permits jailbreaking however it will void the Apple warranty.What I haven't found an answer to is if Apple can release updates to intentionally hamper all the users that choose to jailbreak their iphones.[/citation]

If apple did that it's possible they could be in trouble since it has been confirmed that it is legal to jailbreak a device that a person owns. They would be impeding someones right to do what they want with their own property.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Apple's fairly good with honoring their warranties, because they hardly cover anything under them. Remember, to be covered under warranty, it has to be proven a defect. Short battery life (the battery itself, not how long you can run your phone on a charge), overheating batteries, miscolored or otherwise defective displays, etc. are NOT defects, they are the results of user abuse, which isn't covered under warranty, now go away and stop talking about this, we've deleted your forum thread anyway.

[citation][nom]mrecio[/nom]Wasn't apple the ones who refused to work on devices because their owners smoked around them, making them a bio-hazard?[/citation]

Yep, it was Apple. But again, that's user abuse, not a defect with the product. Its all in the fine print.

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Now this is freaking dangerous. If just any a little bit malicious web page sends you there you may end up with a phone which has no more guarantee. Not every user wants to jailbreak and if it is THAT simple, Apple should really think more of security. I mean to hack your own phone to do what you want it to do is alright, unless its so easy that anybody can do it for you even without your approval. This is not the step in the right direction, I am sure that there will be consequences.

capt_taco

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
If Apple were to disappear off the face of the earth tomorrow, I wouldn't be upset at all. Yay for anything that upsets their vision of having each of us live completely enclosed in an officially licensed Apple-themed world. I'm just amazed that there are still people who will buy into that voluntarily.

G

Sony stop supporting Linux on PS3.... but only on people who dare to update their systems....

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I like what I'm seeing. I hope Apple's ecosystem is further destabilized in the future.[/citation]

Yea so we can have app piracy, spy apps, viruses, malware, etc.
I'm sure there is field day going on on Android phone with spy apps. Development houses are already complaining about piracy of Android apps (90% piracy rate in asia, 40%+ in the USA).

And yes, I know Mac's are just as suseptible to all this.
However, the app store does protect the iPhone/iPad/Touch developer and the user from this..

azetec

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Give me a break with all these iPhone, iPad and Apple crap news, WTF ??? it's just a f*cking Phone nothing more and iPad just a bigger iPhone nothing more, to talk about your iPhone and iPad every day it's f*king GAY, it's like a girl talking every day about her dildo

the last resort

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
Consumer: Hey Steve, want to hear a joke?

Steve: Sure, I'll use anything to cheer me up?

Consumer: What's the easiest way to jail-break an iPhone 4?

Steve: You got me. Whats the answer.

Consumer: Just don't buy an iPhone. Profit on already open software.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
hundreds of man hours went in to making iOS 4.0 harder to jailbreak, now you don't even need a computer. just give up jobs, you will never win.

Status
Not open for further replies.