the timer on my Magnavox ZV457MG9 A timer quit working and now I cant record either VHS or disc. Any ideas

caseybru

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
as my Magnavox is recording a program and the program is two hours long, the recorder records for about 10-15 minutes and then starts buffering. It may record for 5 minutes or 10 or more but will not record for the set time.

caseybru

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017

I manually set the timer to start recording whether recording a video that is already on my DVR or a video that I record "live" off the TV. It records for a short time " maybe 3 minutes , maybe 15 minutes but then shuts its self off and starts buffering. The part that it records is always good viewing. This is my second Magnavox, and the same model and they both had the same problem. Why did I buy the same? because it is the only recorder/player that does what I want, plus, I didnt know at the time I ordered the second that it would react the same. It has been a year since the second quit recording. It hass been a messed up year and I am just now getting time to work with it.
Thanks, Caseybru.