Theater Game room device setup

MrOaks16

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
I'm looking to make a 4k TV, projector, Xbox 1 S, PS4, DISH Cable & laptop work with my new x2300 Denon receiver and a multi connection HDMI switcher. I want constant 7.1 sound and the ability to send any of those devises to the projector screen at a touch of a switch. Just not sure of the proper setup.

Solution
...Xbox as the player for my projector ... or xbox on projector.
what? both devices are listed twice in that statement above.

provided using one device at a time is what you want and you dont need to mix or match sounds between devices (sound from xbox while playing on ps4 for instance) its a simple hdmi from devices to inputs on receiver with output of receiver to the projector type of scenario

if the content is 7.1, it will play in 7.1 with this normal setup.

not sure what you mean about the tv2, you will need to explain.

again, i'm not sure how what you need differs from a generic setup with hdmi cables. you need to explain why a normal setup will not work for you if you have special needs.

if you need a picture, here is a...

MrOaks16

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

MrOaks16

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
I'm using the Xbox as the player for my projector when watching movies. 90% of game play will be on the TV but there will be special occasion to play ps4 or xbox on projector. Being I have plenty of hdmi connect ability, I'm unsure of what to plug in to allow a constant 7.1 experience through my speakers. I forgot to add I even have a MY WIRELESS TV2 device as well.

...Xbox as the player for my projector ... or xbox on projector.
what? both devices are listed twice in that statement above.

provided using one device at a time is what you want and you dont need to mix or match sounds between devices (sound from xbox while playing on ps4 for instance) its a simple hdmi from devices to inputs on receiver with output of receiver to the projector type of scenario

if the content is 7.1, it will play in 7.1 with this normal setup.

not sure what you mean about the tv2, you will need to explain.

again, i'm not sure how what you need differs from a generic setup with hdmi cables. you need to explain why a normal setup will not work for you if you have special needs.

if you need a picture, here is a pretty normal setup http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/HomeCinemaConnectionGuide.jpg
zone2 speakers and internet connectivity optional.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS