These lenses fit a DSLR body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feedlot

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
Have a MinoltaSRT202 w/Minolta W.ROKKOR-X 28mm lens & vivitar 85-205. Would lenses fit a DSLR body? Which one/s?

Solution
Sony bought Minolta's stuff, so your best bet is trying a Sony DSLR. if that fails, start digging for adapters. they might need to be for a Canon DSLR due to lens mount distances.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Do the lenses indicate what type of mount they use? If the DSLR supports that mount, they ought to work. Check certain features though; I recall years ago having a third party lens that would work with my SLR, but not engage the automatic f-stop so I had to set it manually.
Still, for a much better answer, you may wish to try a photography forum. This one is mostly devoted to personal computers, although we do cover additional electronics / techie stuff as well. A photography forum would probably be able to provide a more specific answer.

feedlot

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
I have no idea how to determine. Have never used SLR camera. How can I tell. Tried to find a regular camera shop to go to and none exist close to me any more.

I'm not sure how much this will help but this is what I found:
Minolta SRT200: Minolta SR Bayonet - compatible with MC and MD mount Minolta lenses
Minolta W.ROKKOR-X 28mm lens - Camera Mount Type: Minolta SR (MD/MC)
I believe the Vivitar is an MD mount.
You may be able to find an adapter to fit those lenses with some DSLRs but there will some drawbacks.

giantbucket

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Sony bought Minolta's stuff, so your best bet is trying a Sony DSLR. if that fails, start digging for adapters. they might need to be for a Canon DSLR due to lens mount distances.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.