Thick black line on tv

lingarajug

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
I just bought this tv from ebay at a great price, the tv is working great but i am seeing thick black line on the screen, tv model is LG 65UF9500, it was purchased an year ago by the seller on ebay snd when i asked him he said he never noticed it and the line is only visible when background is filled with lighter color, it appears to be between lcd and glass covering on top as it is seen on every source and channel, trued cleaning on top to make surw but it didnt help, advise needed, attaching picture link below, thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qht5f0e7a6xs8kb/Photo.jpg?dl=0

Solution

To check if it's the board, need to replace it or have a tech look at it. You can look up the cost of the board online, and for labor you can check around your local tech shops. I'd say a few hundred for total. But if that is not the issue, you would need to replace the screen. A local tech should be able to tell you where the likely issue is though. "great price" is there for a reason LOL.

lingarajug

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
The seller said he used it only once and it was in the box for an year as he didnt like the 3d and bought another one so until now it was used only once and i am not saying anything about the seller, what is the problem and how do i fix it at home without replacement, thank you.

Need to get a new screen, although possibly there may be a connection loose or it's an issue with the system board.

lingarajug

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
how do i check for the mainboard issues and if i have to change mainboard or the screen whats your guess of how much it would cost, i might have to return it back if its too much to repair, but because rhe line is small compared to the big screen how did it happen any guesses, thank you.

To check if it's the board, need to replace it or have a tech look at it. You can look up the cost of the board online, and for labor you can check around your local tech shops. I'd say a few hundred for total. But if that is not the issue, you would need to replace the screen. A local tech should be able to tell you where the likely issue is though. "great price" is there for a reason LOL.

Solution