Thieves Steal iPad Along With Man's Finger

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackKnight7891

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]People should invest in handguns instead of a useless iPad.You cant kill a robber with a shiny locked down tablet. Hell you counldnt even do it with a jail-broken one...[/citation]

i beg to differ i bet if you hit them hard enough with it, it might break and create shiny pointed bits :p

jamie_macdonald

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
I'm definately not an apple fan, nor a sucker for the hype, but i feel for this poor dude. i hope they catch the waste of space that did this.
Apple product hypewill create more vistims liek this though, the more you flout wealth in public and the greater the gap between rich and poor the more we will see this ...still not fair though!

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I hope he gets to find the man responsible and gets locked in a room alone with him for a hour...

Fortunately the pinky is relatively useless (my pinkies are messed up and it's painful for me to use them).

Though I guess a iPad would likely have a great resale value, even if stolen. :(

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
+1

[citation][nom]wasabiman123[/nom]Wow, great to know how bad humans have gotten, (another reason you shouldn't buy Apple products)[/citation]

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Sheesh, this is as bad as a few years ago when the PS3 came out, and 90% of buyers were snatching 'em in hopes of scoring $3-10,000US for it on eBay. And then there was tons of paranoia over thieves who'd mug people for their PS3s... This is really just as sad; those that were so desperate to steal an iPad they permanently injured an innocent man for the rest of his life? Sheesh. It's no wonder so many of the more intelligent people have lost all faith in humanity.

fisshy

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Hes Lucky hes Not south African... There is no chance he would have lived and the sad part is that no one would have bothered to write a story about it.

I feel Sorry For this man and i Hope that the criminals are caught and punished

Dkz

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]micr0be[/nom]"The bag, however, was tied around Jordan's finger."why? .... why would anyone tie anything to a finger ? especially a pinky ... wtf[/citation]
-.- what kind of stupid question is that?, the bag wasn't tied tied, it was just around his fingers, and a couple of turns and that's it, you never go to the supermarket right?.
When the lil' idiots started to pull the bag became more like a thin rope do to all the pulling did the job.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
This is yet another illustration of the need for people to take personal responsibility for their own defense. Either arm yourself, or study martial arts. Until thieves, thugs, and other criminals feel like their lives might be in danger by plying their trade, they will continue to do things like this without regard and without remorse.

masop

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
[citation][nom]ravewulf[/nom]On the (sort of) up-side, the pinky is not the most useful out of the fingers. Not as bad as losing an index finger anyway. Still sucks though[/citation]

At least he has his middle finger. :)

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]wasabiman123[/nom]Wow, great to know how bad humans have gotten, (another reason you shouldn't buy Apple products)[/citation]

Watch Pirates of Silicon Valley some day and you'll see how much of a troll Steve Jobs is. Seems it has been that way since the inception. I do not support apple.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
This is why people are carrying guns these days more so than decades ago. It is bottom feeding scum like this that make this world a horrible pl;ace to live in.

Clickity click rack the slide back.

Status
Not open for further replies.