Laptop has been incredibly slow recently, especially when using chrome. Ran GData (my usual virus scanner) and found nothing. Then I ran Malware Bytes in Safe Mode and it found nothing. Today I've ran AVG and again nothing. I tried CC cleaner to take a quick peak at my registry, and when looking at my start up programmes I found skype.lnk which is located in Cwindows/Installer.
I'm running Windows 7 on a Lenovo ideapad Z570
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If slowness is only in internet browser then the issue is network/internet related
If system is slow overall:
Is your hard drive near being maxed?
Open task manager, is cpu or memory usage very high?
Download and run ccleaner, aslo run the registry cleaner (backup/save the registry files changes).
When was the last time you did a defrag on the hard drive (disregard if you have an SSD drive).
Firstly I did have it running at startup but I've ended that now. Hard drive isn't being maxxed (12-14% atm). The biggest processes are from google chrome and I have disables and deleted all my extensions. System is being slow anyway, it's not just my internet.
I ran ccleaner and fixed registry issues earlier and had the files saved. I did a defrag two days ago too.
Well there is your problem 109 processes and using half your memory.
What is likely a big chunk of your issue is that chrome is set to restore all open tabs, thus you are keeping in memory every tab you have opened and closed since forever ago.
Close Chrome browser, run ccleaner, that will clear out all the browser history/cache as well as system junk files as well.
Once complete tell me how many processes and memory usage you have.
Okay, uninstalled and reinstalled and it's still leaking that amount of memory.
Chrome, Chrome Chrome (300ishK together), explorer.exe with 55k, nvvsvc.exe is next with 30k. This is my nvidia graphics card and theres a few processes running with it. Don't know how to stop them from running though.
Went into resource manager:
Svchost.exe )LocalSystemNewtorkRestricted) 294,792
chrome.exe totalling up to just over 300k