Solved! ThinkPad E570 - displaying is broken but displaying bios works fine

May 3, 2019
Hi, returning from my trip I wanted to use my laptop. I had it in my backpack (for laptop) and when I turned it on displaying is all messy. There are white rectangles, black parts, looks like broken lcd but it's not the case.

Problem seems to be in some kind of refreshing my bios startup or OS. When I opened up bios, everything seemed to be fine, problem didn't occur
EDIT it occurs in bios in some way but less aggressive

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
It could be the cable that connects the display is loose or damaged, or the display in deed could be damaged, just not something you would see (cracks, etc.)

If it is under warranty, contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, then you can either try and open it up yourself and start with checking the cable that connects the display to the motherboard and make sure it isn't loose, bent, pinched, etc. If that shows no issues, then you may need to replace the display. Now if you don't feel comfortable doing the work yourself, I would suggest trying a local tech.
It could be the cable that connects the display is loose or damaged, or the display in deed could be damaged, just not something you would see (cracks, etc.)

If it is under warranty, contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, then you can either try and open it up yourself and start with checking the cable that connects the display to the motherboard and make sure it isn't loose, bent, pinched, etc. If that shows no issues, then you may need to replace the display. Now if you don't feel comfortable doing the work yourself, I would suggest trying a local tech.

Solution