This amplifier would be good with this subwoofer ? Help Me Out Please.

Solution

LoL I was part of that forum and that post. ;)

DAC is a waste for just a sub... really it's completely pointless.

I'm guessing he has a way to run the car amp indoors since it's the cheapest option?

Car Amp 300W RMS $70+

Car amp 300W RMS + Power Supply $150+

Home Audio Sub Amp 300W RMS $150+

Back plate amp 300W RMS $150+ "The best for indoor use mounts flush to the enclosure"

Guitar Bass Amp Head 300w RMS $220+ " These are expensive and large even a used one is around $200"

Car amps you can find at any pawn shop cheaply they are one of the first things kids pawn off, of the two pawn...

jossrik

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2002
Check the ohms of the sub, and crosscheck that with the amp. From what I can tell, long as you have 20w speakers that you can plug in with the speaker wire or RCA cabling you should be all right... BUT, you're gonna have to have a headphone to RCA jack for output from your computer.... Just a lotta adapters to get it to work, not worth the price if you ask me, just look for a slightly more expensive set of computer speakers, you can find bluetooth ones pretty reliable, then you just plug it into the wall, connect wirelessly, and go. And then you can move it around as you needs it.

delaro

Distinguished
No you want either a dual channel bridgeable or monoblock AMP that is stable @ 1-2 ohms and at least 300W RMS. These type of amps get pricey even low end models start at around $100.

1 x 600W max (4 ohms bridged-mono) BOSS R3002 RIOT $66 "Nothing fancy here but it's cheap and will work it just won't be extremely loud and will distort at stupidly high volumes"
https://www.parts-express.com/boss-r3002-riot-600-watt-2-channel-mosfet-car-audio-amplifier--265-3982

SPL wa300-77f
12 "Sub woofer 200oz magnet, 3" voice coil
Max power 2000Watt
R M S Power 800Watt
Impedance: Dual 2ohm, Frequency Response: 24Hz - 1200Hz
FS 37 hz
Qms 6.3
Vas 3.1 cft
mms 450 g
re 1.9 ohms
Qes .7
SPL 89 db SPL 1w/1m
pdia 400.1 mm
Qts .7
Le .5
BL 16

Mar 19, 2018

Thank You, but i really wanna make it work, this subwoofer is important to me :), Thank u again for your time :)

jossrik

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2002
Checking some google on the subs you have.... That AMP is way underpowered. You're not gonna get anywhere the bass you're looking for. We're talking 20w amp to 800w RMS speaker. Also, it's a car sub/amp... This is gonna sound stupid, but goto a music equipment store where they sell guitar amps, you can get a "cheap" bass amp that'll sound fantastic and give you plenty of bass. Bass guitar amps are meant for raw bass, usually have a small tweeter to handle highs, a simple EQ for mixing, a built in headphone amp, and since they're made for professional use, they'll last you years and years. Expect to spend 100 - 150$ for something big enough to move you. As far as the computer speakers go... Just get a 2.1 kit. There're a million of them out there, buy eBay or craigslist if you'd like, that way you can try them out first. The two car audio ones you have listed both need boxs and to do them proper, you're looking at 100$ in lumber and a good hour or two of construction.

delaro

Distinguished

LoL I was part of that forum and that post. ;)

DAC is a waste for just a sub... really it's completely pointless.

I'm guessing he has a way to run the car amp indoors since it's the cheapest option?

Car Amp 300W RMS $70+

Car amp 300W RMS + Power Supply $150+

Home Audio Sub Amp 300W RMS $150+

Back plate amp 300W RMS $150+ "The best for indoor use mounts flush to the enclosure"

Guitar Bass Amp Head 300w RMS $220+ " These are expensive and large even a used one is around $200"

Car amps you can find at any pawn shop cheaply they are one of the first things kids pawn off, of the two pawn shops we have here I can find 20 AMPs that would fire that Sub up for around $50-$75.

Audio quality for a sub...... it's all about the same regardless how you do it.

Solution

jossrik

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2002
Lol, didn't realize that was you on that forum. I was actually talking about a combo amp and then selling the original 12" in exchange for the car speaker. Had a little combo amp that blew the speaker, went to walmart, bought a car audio speaker, popped it in, Boom! back to rocking. But ya, a full on head is gonna cost a ton more, also, a full bass head will be 4ohms and if I remember right you can get melting. I've always felt car audio to be the least quality give or take next to computer audio. Sure you can spend a ton and get great sound, but ya, without doing that it's all mush.

delaro

Distinguished
I don't think you quite understand how much power that speaker needs to operate, Combo amps @ 300W and huge and start around $300 and the box dimensions are open air which wont work to well with that driver. A Head is actually cheaper when you price them.

Computer Audio is setup for near field listening "13 feet or less" They generally distort at high volumes and the quality rapidly drops as you turn it up. Quality Audio regardless what your looking at cost $$$$$

The most expensive Computer Audio setup I have seen cost $2000 and was limited to one room, At $2000 I can build a Car audio setup that would make the neighbors complain a block away and be crystal clear at all volume levels provided you eardrums can take the pressure. I can also build a home theater setup that would sound the same in every room of the house.

Computer Audio is a gimmick and you can find sound bar setups that sound better in small to medium rooms.

TRENDING THREADS