Question Thomson/TCL Smart TV Linux get Console access

Feb 28, 2019
I got a Thomson 32FD5526 TV. The TV is based on their own OS "Smart TV 3" which is crappy shit based on Linux.. Is there any way to change the OS or get access to the Console to install anything else? The CPU must be a MediaTek Shit thing.. Anyone got an idea?

ronpar

Estimable
Aug 17, 2016
I got a Thomson 32FD5526 TV. The TV is based on their own OS "Smart TV 3" which is crappy shit based on Linux.. Is there any way to change the OS or get access to the Console to install anything else? The CPU must be a MediaTek Shit thing.. Anyone got an idea?
I thinks You are out of luck! From what I have heard, unless You can hack the firmware it is not possible! They do this so You will have to buy another soon down the line! I have a Samsung Blu Ray player I wanted to watch CBS All Access on but there was no APP for it, so I contacted them and they said I would have to buy a newer model because I had the latest firmware update! I said so Samsung makes You buy newer to get new apps, because this APP is on the newer ones? She said yes! I thought to my self what a bunch of crooks! It's all a way to shaft people outta their money! Have You checked to see if they're any new firmware updates for that model TV? You may luck out there. If not, I would try a Roku 4K, or Roku3, You can get a used one off of eBay pretty reasonable! Just make sure they have a good sell record! You don't want A Roku express or Roku Stick! The Roku Express they are built faulty, and the wireless WiFi goes out in them after a few weeks of use. The Roku sticks they don't get enough juice to them through the USB port on TV so they have problems! I have the Roku 4K and I love mine! Regards!