THQ: Project Natal Late Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
"whether Natal would be integrated into a new Xbox 360 model or sold as a stand-alone product (or both)--remains unknown"

I thought that has already been answered, at least the part about a stand alone product being available. Why wouldn't Microsoft offer a stand alone? It would split the 360 market if they don't.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
whether Natal would be integrated into a new Xbox 360 model or sold as a stand-alone product (or both)--remains unknown

No they've stated it will work with all Xbox 360's. Fail there.

Anyway Holiday 2010 makes sense.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
By selling Nata separately MS can keep the price of 360 the same or even lower (maybe) by the end of 2010. Now the problem is......

How much is that Nata is going to cost us. I won't be surprised if we will need around $100 or more to get one.

nun

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
[citation][nom]pharge[/nom]Ooops... sorry it's "Natal" not "Nata"....Where is the edit function.....>_[/citation]
i'd probaby pay over $100 for it. are they releasing a newer xbox, the current model is getting way old

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
yeah... it would be terrible if they only integrated the new controller into a new xbox 360. it would be even worse if they tried to trick us into thinking its a whole new console by putting it in a new box and calling it something else. my god, if they did something horrible like that they'ed end up with... well, they'd end up with the wii...

Neog2

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
When they say intergrated they are obviously talking about bundled not, intergrated into the damn xbox. That wouldnt work for a bunch of people. Im actually willing to bet about half of the people who own xbox's dont have them directly underneath, or above there xbox.

I have serveral Xbox 360's and none of them are visible while playing games. Completely out of sight. Gotta love those
wireless controllers.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]yeah... it would be terrible if they only integrated the new controller into a new xbox 360. it would be even worse if they tried to trick us into thinking its a whole new console by putting it in a new box and calling it something else. my god, if they did something horrible like that they'ed end up with... well, they'd end up with the wii...[/citation]

Please. The wii is a lot more than a gamecube in a new box. Sure the graphics are only slightly upgraded, but that has never been what a great console is about. Microsoft and Sony learned that the hard way. Again, which console is destroying all others in sales?
If you want amazing graphics, game on a PC, optimally on one that you built.

Anyways, this Project Natal thing better be good. I've got a feeling though that it will be a little bit late to the party. The xbox 360 will be five years old by then; at which age the original xbox was discontinued.

davisorle

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
@ njalterio
Microsoft has nothing to learn on the lvl you mention simply cause MS will never leave the hardcore audience and do something like Nintendo did...The only thing you can say they might have learned is how to be prepaired for next consoles round to aim for both markets of the current they are playing on basically and some of Nintendo's which will ALWAYS be not that simple task for them since NIntendo fans ( you gotta love them ) want a Nintendo for way more reasons that MS can think of. But yeah.. all those sales arent counting on that and only but im just saying..

Can you h onestly think if MS had listened to those losers of analysts claiming that MS was better off with giving up on consoles what Sony wold be doing right now? WHAT? complaining about its current price? Not only it would stay at a higher than that price for way longer as the ONLY console in the "next-gen" territory ( graphicwise speaking.. ) but you would not get anything more than half the support people get from them right now. They would be literally playing solo in that kind of market changing everything.

Then again you can also asume that it wouldnt cost that much trying to make something superior to the competition which turned against them and they end up with an expensive piece of hardware ( which now costs about 240$ according to the headlines.. ) which for a gamer ( meaning without including the BR-drive which can turn into a whole different subject ) offers less than the rest of the competition. Specially till they announced the only new exclusives lately other than the bad multiplatform performance. They are the only company which' their older console sells better than their recent.. How sad is that? :/

To the subject. I love tech stuff.. Natal is like candy for me and many more i bet. Lets hope its supported. Seeing from Steven being all excited about it and all major gaming developers talking so interested and highly about it can hardly go wrong if you ask me. Some things are too simple to come to a conclusion. Tho not impossible to fail things are possitive so far and im glad for it. I wanna feel like a kid again. New way of gaming is more than welcome to experiment with. And no its not news.. I think the same was announced about late of 2009 from another recent article through another interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.