Nov 13, 2018
I need to buy a gaming laptop and I have found 3 choices. They are very very similar but have 2 different main parts.

Laptop A: Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ + NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB.
Laptop B: Intel® Core™ i5-8300H + NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti 4GB.
Laptop C: Intel Core i7-8750H + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB.

They have the same brand and RAM,HDD,SSD or other parts are not that important for me because I usually customise my laptops( anytime I can add other SSD or more RAMs).
A is the cheapest, B and C are near the same price but a litle more expensive than A.

Which one is better suited for gaming ? What tradeof between CPU-GPU-price is much worth?

Solution
For gaming, I usually default to the better GPU. So I would go with laptop A. It still has a good 4 core CPU with fast single threaded performance. B and C may perform better in a handful of games, but for the majority of games A will take the lead.

Look at the Predator Helios 300. See if you can get last years model. It has a 7700hq, 16gb of RAM, SSD, and a 1060 6gb. It is a good laptop for the price.

feelinfroggy777

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
For gaming, I usually default to the better GPU. So I would go with laptop A. It still has a good 4 core CPU with fast single threaded performance. B and C may perform better in a handful of games, but for the majority of games A will take the lead.

Look at the Predator Helios 300. See if you can get last years model. It has a 7700hq, 16gb of RAM, SSD, and a 1060 6gb. It is a good laptop for the price.

Solution