Time to replace my older laptop

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
My Sony PCG-GRT has served me well for about 5 years now. That seems like a long time time in this day and age. I spent quite a bit at that time (about $2200) to get the very best for the money. The screen is starting to short out when the laptop is moved. Particularly when the screen is open, closed or if I am adjusting the angle.
Anyways, the real reason for my post is to ask a question. For those of you who purchase laptops on a regular basis or like to follow laptiop pricing; Are there any companies out there that consistently beat the competition in pricing? Let me digress. In the past when I was shopping for a laptop, I would simply spend a day or two looking for the best available deal at that time. I've never been faithful to one retailer because often times it seemed that I would find a retailer that just had some awesome special that I couldn't pass up. Maybe they made some special buy or needed to unload a particular model or just needed to make sales for that month. So, is there any etailer out there that you find consistent "blow-away" type deals all the time? Or am I really left with just the old style of shopping whereas I have to waste a couple of days scouring google, froogle and other places?
Your comments are appreciated.

John

ibleet

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
You can check for deals at:

passwird.com
dealigg.com
slickdeals.net

Otherwise resort to scouring like the rest of us do. There is no easy button.

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007

Well thanks. I have never heard of those 3. The only ones I had checked so far was Cnet and Newegg. I will try these and again, many thanks.

John

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
Kind of a bummer. Went to the first site (passwird.com). The very first deal was for a dell notebook. Excellent discounts. I configured the laptop but the coupon code that they have listed did not work. Everything else about the offer was awesome and it would have been one heck of a laptop for about $1100. Oh well.

mjdart

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
http://www.thinkpadpromotions.com/index.php?s=100&k=1

Excellent products and be sure at check out to apply the e coupon

USPSAVEDEC (RIGHT NOW PRICE DROPPED TO $1058)!!!

I bought my son a very well configured Lenovo T61 for $1150 using 2 WEEK AGO promotions
Intel® Core%u2122 2 Duo T7250 (2.0GHz 800MHz 2MBL2)
2GB Ram PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz
15.4 WSXGA+ TFT (1680x1050)
Intel GMA X3100 GM965 Video
CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo 24X/24X/24X/8X Max, Ultrabay Slim
UltraNav (TrackPoint and TouchPad) with Fingerprint Reader
100GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link 4965AGN (supporting Centrino Pro)
PC Card Slot & Smart Card Slot
Integrated Bluetooth PAN
6 cell Li-Ion Battery (9 cell $60 extra)
Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium