Timestamp Wrong On Photos

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
I am using an LG Leon phone with an Android OS. I just noticed that the photos have a timestamp that is exactly 5 hours earlier than when actually taken. The time displayed by the phone is correct. I am using the camera application that came with the phone. I don't see any settings anywhere relating to this.

The time doesn't actually appear on the photo, but is in the metadata of the file.

Any ideas?

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
My time zone is Central Daylight Time (US). The only setting I can see related to the camera is to "Tag photos with location". Under settings/general/date and time I have "Auto-date and time" and "Auto-time zone" selected, so the time is always correct on the phone itself.

Probably a bug in the camera app. I guess I won't worry about it too much, it just caught my attention when I was going to copy a photo from my phone to my computer and when you hover over the photo with the mouse, it shows all of the metadata (size, resolution, and the time taken, which is off by -5 hours). To prove it to myself I took a picture around 1:00PM and then looked at it with the phone connected to the computer and it said 8:00AM today. (Yes, my computer's time and date are correct also).

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
OK so this is weird. If I look at the details of the photo using the Phone's file manager, the date and time are exactly correct. I took a photo at 8:01PM last night and in the details of that photo it says 8:01PM. If hover over the same photo while my phone is connected to the computer it says 3:01PM yesterday. I have not copied the photo to my computer, it still resides on the phone's microSD card.

I will fire up a different computer and see what the results are there.

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
On a Windows 7 Professional computer, the results are partly correct. Date authored: 4/11/2016 8:01PM (correct), Date Modified: 4/11/2016 8:01PM (correct), Date Created: 4/12/2016 6:21AM (not correct).

The camera app gives each photo a title, as follows: 20160411_200143. So I guess the time is 20th hour, 01 minutes, 43 seconds.

So it looks like there is an issue between the camera app and various Windows OS.