Tipster Dupes Journalists with Fake Xbox 720 Info

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Microsoft's been showing off they want to do with the Xbox for last three E3's" Apparently they're done with gaming and just want the damn thing to be a DVR with streaming capabilities. They want to be a cable over the Internet service. " ----------------I was referring to Hardware Spec's not Features, pay attention![/citation]

That is my point, how much hardware you need to actually have a DVR. From the way I see it Xbox get away with a very minimal jumping graphics capabilities. And for the last 3 E3s they haven't given a damn about gaming.

Given what they've been giving us the last three E3s what you think is more plausible that they finally want to dump an eight core processor and have an ungodly GPU on there or do they just want to get by on the bare minimum may be increase the graphics of the system and dump a DVR and it.

I'm honestly more interested in what Sony has to do because the only part of the company that's really profitable right now is there gaming section, they're probably going to dump 4K into the console just so they have some kind of a platform to offer 4K video when the TVs that actually support it come out to the consumer market and that the insanely rich high-end market. And because Sony is really just banking on the gaming side of their business keeping the rest of it afloat right now I can honestly see them trying to dump a few more things into their system the Microsoft levered dream of just because they only did gaming right. But because I'm almost convinced that Microsoft is going to be the lead platform again I want them to at least have the bare minimum of tessellation in their system so it can affect the PC and a far greater way than the console will.

Yeah I know I'm being a bit pessimistic about this but I'm just looking at what they're giving us, and they have given us nothing to hope for from last three years. Hell Nintendo has given us more of hope for with the purchase of Bayonetta 2.

markbanang

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
I wasn't convinced by the story, something about the disparity between CPU and GPU speeds didn't ring true, let alone the fact that the quoted DDR3 memory bandwidth spec was at the top end of the Jadec ddr3 assuming a quad channel memory interface.

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Shut the fuck up. What is wrong with you?
[citation][nom]dozerman[/nom]Yup. Just like the fact that an assault rifle was never used at Sandy Hook.[/citation]

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]11796pcs[/nom]I only like to hear really strong rumors. In general they should be kept to a minimum. There's enough news without rumors.[/citation]Agreed. Especially when you're being flooded by rumors on a particular subject. Maybe just roll all the rumors into one ridiculous rumor article? "According to the latest rumors, the Xbox Next could bear one of the following sets of specs, or more likely none of them."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS