Tivo and Best Buy Join Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
So in reward of two companies getting more advertising and customer views, customers must put up with ads in their TV display and get nothing for it? If they were giving them away free but used ads for revenue that would be acceptable, but otherwise it only looks worse for the consumer!

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
This sounds awful for the consumer! And I really don't want an Insignia TV, so this has absolutely no value for me. Don't people use Tivo to block adds? Their goes that benefit...

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Fuck TiVo.
Even TV tuner cards are insaney expsive though. I bought an external TV tuner, and the thing is a peice of shit... a $160 peice of shit. It overheats in a matter of minutes (thus I can`t put anyhting flammable near it), and the picture quality is horrible.Mix that with awful and extremely buggy software... I have contyacted the manufacturer mutliple times for assistance to what should be simple and easy to solve issues.

The licensing on TV tuner cards is also BS. Though I`d rather that over a damned TiVo.

G

Id rather spend a little time setting up a MythTV computer than deal w/ the ads and content protection on a TiVo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS