Tivo to Cinema sound to tv

vkr15s

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
At the moment I have Tivo box connected to LG LHB745 sound system and then to LG60PK250 TV. I cannot get TV sound through sound system. I have HDMI from Tivo to sound system HDMI 1. I have HDMI from Sound system to TV VIA arc port. I have optical from sound system to TV and also red & white Audio leads from tv to sound system

Solution
Connect the TIVO to the TV HDMI input 1.
Connect the LG HTS to the TV HDMI input 2
Connect the TV optical audio out to the LG HTS. (The TV doesn't seem to have ARC so you need this connection.)
When you want sound from the Tivo select that HDMI 1 on the TV and the optical input on the LG HTS.
When you want sound from the disc player select that HDMI 2 on the TV. The HTS should give you sound automatically but if not then select disc as the source on the LG HTS.
Connect the TIVO to the TV HDMI input 1.
Connect the LG HTS to the TV HDMI input 2
Connect the TV optical audio out to the LG HTS. (The TV doesn't seem to have ARC so you need this connection.)
When you want sound from the Tivo select that HDMI 1 on the TV and the optical input on the LG HTS.
When you want sound from the disc player select that HDMI 2 on the TV. The HTS should give you sound automatically but if not then select disc as the source on the LG HTS.

Solution