TJ Maxx, Marshalls Selling iPad for $399

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
In addition to drawing in extra business for TJX Companies, it's speculated that Apple over-produced and has a backlog in the channel. It could also be a confirmation that the 2nd-generation, camera-embedded iPad is indeed on the way.
I'm going with the first statement, Apple probably over-produced the 16GB WiFi-only model and needs to dump stock. I guess Apple realizes that not everyone who owns Apple products lives in Starbucks, sometimes you just can't get WiFi where you're at.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Hey I'd buy one, if it had flash so that I could actually browse all the internet, instead of half of it, like I could on those netbooks this is supposed to replace.

User69

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
First Apple doesn't have enough inventory to sell the popular iPad now they have so many they are dumping stock in budget clothing stores? Man Apple really nows how to create stories, advertise, market, and fool consumers. Apple consumers are the worst kind of consumers.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]User69[/nom]First Apple doesn't have enough inventory to sell the popular iPad now they have so many they are dumping stock in budget clothing stores? Man Apple really nows how to create stories, advertise, market, and fool consumers. Apple consumers are the worst kind of consumers.[/citation]
It's speculated that TJ Maxx and Marshalls bought these on the public market. They are offering these to spur interest in the stores.

Apple has already said that they are not authorized sellers, leading to warranty issues when you buy them from TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

G

I work for TJX Co. (Marshalls, TJ.Maxx, A.j. Wright, Homegoods) Without getting into the nitty gritty, the ipad was bought overstock from one of the stores that have gone belly up recently, and only a couple hundred were sent to a handfull of stores on the EAST coast (mostly t.j maxx and a.j wright stores) These items are not breakdated- meaning the few stores that actually got them- wont have them for black friday still. Hope this clears up some of the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.